What's new

I'm the reason Razors are expensive

Today, I once again walked into several antique stores and found vintage shaving gear, that I couldn't walk away from. I know I paid too much, I did get the stores to come off the prices 10% on each item I purchased though. I know that because I paid $40 for an Aristocrat (46-47) with the case and blade holder, the person who sold it will now expect that in the future. I suck.

I did pay $8 dollars for a razor in case that I have NO idea about and can't find any information on either, other than it's in a case marked Rena and it's a 3 piece open comb. The only stamp says "MADE IN ENGLAND"

Any help on identifying this will be appreciated.
$razor.jpg

$handle.jpg

Last edited:
Here are a couple of pictures of the Aristocrat that I picked up. Sorry the pictures aren't all that great, this actually looks better IRL.
$aristocrat2.jpg$aristocrat.jpg

I picked up an Gillette Empire set last year out of France with that same handle. Knew it was a mismatched handle but promptly forgot about it
till seeing this post. Looks like it is a good fit in this Rena set. You may have just solved the mystery. Thanks.

Thanks for the pictures. The others are right. You did not over pay and that Aristocrat will clean/polish up nicely.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
I found a similar box and blade bank at a local antique shop. The upper lining on mine is maroon where yours is white and mine has gold lettering. The biggest difference though is that mine had a Gillette Goodwill 162 tucked inside it instead of an aristocrat. $47 out the door.

Nice score, Congrats!:thumbup:

If I had walked into that store before you, with enough money in my pocket. You wouldn't have them. :wink2:

Ok, I'm feeling better about paying that for the Aristocrat. I'm reaaalllly curious about the Rena, I've searched and haven't been able to find anything on it yet. I think the handle is the cool part and surprisingly heavy. The head is non impressive. I'm thinking the whole conglomerate was just thrown into a box that everything fit neatly into.

Top Bottom