What's new

Noob in Helsinki checking in

Hey B&B, I just realised I'd had one crappy cartridge shave too many and placed orders for all new shaving gear after studying up this weekend.

I went with a Mulhe R89, 21mm Silvertip Fibre Brush and the stand to go with them. Just to keep up the theme also threw in a pair of Mulhe shaving towels.

For blades after reading suggestions on good first blades i went with 10 each Derby, Astra and Wilkinson Sword to get started. The plan is to just stick to one five pack at a time unless one is an unmitigated disaster for me.

For lubrication, I didn't want to start with soap so am trying a couple of shaving cremes and an oil - Taylor of Broad Street Rose, Proaso Red and Floid Oil.

Looking forward to receiving the packages and getting started, feels like finally growing up at 53 years old.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Welcome to B&B! There's a vast amount of knowledge in these threads and plenty of experience from many of our members. It's great to have you here with us!

It sounds like you're off to a good start with the gear that you've chosen. Just remember that for almost everyone it takes patience, practice, and preparation to get consistently nice shaves. I'm pretty sure that you'll be thanking yourself for making the switch. Enjoy! :thumbup:

Hey B&B, I just realised I'd had one crappy cartridge shave too many and placed orders for all new shaving gear after studying up this weekend.

I went with a Mulhe R89, 21mm Silvertip Fibre Brush and the stand to go with them. Just to keep up the theme also threw in a pair of Mulhe shaving towels.

For blades after reading suggestions on good first blades i went with 10 each Derby, Astra and Wilkinson Sword to get started. The plan is to just stick to one five pack at a time unless one is an unmitigated disaster for me.

For lubrication, I didn't want to start with soap so am trying a couple of shaving cremes and an oil - Taylor of Broad Street Rose, Proaso Red and Floid Oil.

Looking forward to receiving the packages and getting started, feels like finally growing up at 53 years old.
I'm still growing :laugh:

Hei ystävä [MENTION=112002]HMan[/MENTION]
Welcome, good to have you onboard. I have very good experience with Merkur 34C and Astra Superior Platinum blades. It is (to me) a very smooth combination.
Good luck, and happy shaving
Kippis :)

Top Bottom