What's new

Fall/Winter Soap

What is your favorite winter soap/AS? I have a couple soaps, but they are mostly citrus scented (except for one, Cella) and seem too light for winter. Thoughts?

Lots of people recommend Tabac, though I'm fine using it during the summer months also.

If you can find them, CRSW put out a Fall 2015 scent, and Soap Commander Fortitude and Connection are both fall-type scents.

I with to rose scents for winter, after a spring and summer of neroli and (now) grapefruit. Cella and some other almond soaps get thrown in the mix.

I like to mix things up seasonally, but after reviewing some of my scents it appears they are no longer available.

Wet Shaving Products: Black Amber Vanilla and Mahogany. Both richer scents that seem to fit better in cooler weather.
Lebelle: Honey Crisp. It's apple. Right up there with pumpkin for scents that just scream Fall.
Soap Commander: Thanksliving, a combination of Fall scents.

Mickey Lee: Cocoa Maya. Rich chocolate.
Stirling: Ozark Mountain. Actually good all year, but I always enjoy it around the holidays.
Pre de Provence #63: My newest addition, but it has a sort of spicier scent that feels like it would fit the cool weather perfectly.

I love the PannaCrema San Francesco scent. It isn't made anymore but I think you can still get it through Italian Barber. It's a sandalwood base but has some other rich notes to it. Great for winter. Also, the PannaCrema Nuaiva Rossa is a very rich winter type scent.

Proraso Red or Conks Sante Fe Cedar in the Fall-early Winter, switch to something with Bay Rum late in the winter to get me in the springtime spirit.

If I like a scent I use it year round(Citrus fiend myself BTW)but I do have a few soaps that I use more often in the cooler months.
Stirling Ozark Mtn. gets more use in the fall as well as CRSW Spiced Amber.
The only thing that changes up in the winter is I move from alcohol based splashes to balms.

Latha Taiga has that kind of smell for winter. Great performer too. I'm really interested in the seasonal offerings from soap commander. Any idea when they might drop?

I suggest either MWF or Haslinger's schafmilch. Both give great protection and excellent post-shave feel. Perfect for colder weather IMO!

Last winter I was able to get by without using any AS balms (I prefer splashes, just don't like slathering balms on my face)...the previous year I used balms to moisturize and soothe.

The reason: MWF soap...superior post-shave feel/protection IME. I love this stuff!

Best winter AS splash IMHO: Speick...very soothing, classic scent.

My US$0.02...

I tend to like stuff with orange, spices, powdery, juniper in the fall and winter.

Now, what I plan on using a lot in this Fall and Winter:,

- Saponificio Varesino Tundra Artica;
- L'Occitane Cade;
- Nanny's Silly Soap Warm Spice;
- Razorock Don Marco;
- PannaCrema Nostalgia;
- Fine L'Orange Noir;
- Tabac;
- Proraso red.

Still waiting for some soaps, so I might add more.

Now, I don't really like scented AS, because I personally find the scents that I like too expensive, and, some of the AS are too powerful for me, I don't have the same control as I have with EDT/EDP versions. I prefer a cheap, non-scented AS, so I can use whatever cologne I want afterward. So, for fall/winter, I use:

- Old Spice AS;
- Terre D'Hermes EDP;
- CK Obsession EDT;
- Thierry Mugler A*Men EDT;
- Burberry London EDT.

I plan on buying some soap with cinnamon and vanilla notes.

Top Bottom