What's new

Bygone era

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Interesting little video clip. Wish they still did that these days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbjiZKPNmJ4

Now if you want to see quality shooting you have to go to a formal match. A state fair would be a nice place to put on an exhibition but I don't see that happening...even with wax bullets.

Rob Leatham, Brian Enos, etc. would be good.

Legion

Staff member
That was interesting. I have Col. Rex Applegate's book here somewhere. He had quite a man cave going there.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It is interesting. Since the old videos of them are kinda scarce I ordered the DVD. I looked at Midway, for forty six bucks :scared:, and it was discontinued. Found it at Paladin Press for twenty bucks. I'm takin' a shot in the dark here. Pun intended.

I'll let you know if the footage is worth it, but for that price the film of the old masters may be okay.

Back in the early 60's when I was in high school dad took me to a demonstration put on by Marlin at one of the local high schools. It was indoors in an auditorium, and the shooting while at very close range, at tiny targets like aspirin tablets was quite amazing.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
It should be a good DVD, since I haven't seen any footage of them...if I have it's been decades ago...and it's supposed to be 75 minutes long so I'll see how it is when it gets here.

I may just try hitting 10,000 two inch square wooden blocks thrown in the air with my iron sighted 10/22...yeah, right.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
No, you need a Remington Nylon 66 to do that - I remember the ad!

Remember the rifle, too.

At least these days we have Jerry Miculek, and that's considerable skill right there.

AA

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I had a Nylon 66, it was the Apache Black version. Neat little rifle.

Miculek is so fast I can't even see him.

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Make that 100,000 wooden blocks!

$TomFrye.jpg

AA

Top Bottom