What's new

Right brain vs. Left brain; world most boring gun purchase

Well, today I fully intended to buy a Glock 30S to add to the stable. Compact and 10 rounds of .45, with the ability to reload with Glock 21 13-round mags, what's not to like?

$xexX009.jpg

After handling one however, I remembered why I sold my last two Model 30s. The deadly reload pinch.

So, LGS salesguy says, hey, "We have the Sig Fastback on sale. $200 off. "Oh.....really," my fevered right brain said.

$1911FCA-45-BSS-large.jpg

Niiiiiice. Already had all the things I would do to a 1911 installed. This thing is pure sex with wooden grips. But, at $880, was still $200 above my self-imposed budget. I'd have had no cash leaving the store. (My rule is cash only for weapons...keeps bad things from happening. :w00t: )

My left brain firmly back in conrol, I said to myself, "what do you need, not want?" Realizing that I did not have a full size 9mm.

I came home with this:

$glock-17_hr.jpg

Not sexy, but, I can conceal it and, hey, 17+1 rounds of 9mm ain't too bad. While they are dull, they also go bang every time and I swear they would feed rocks if you put them in the mag. So, while I am still lusting over the Sig, Gaston's finest creation has a new home. And I could not be happier.

Last edited:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
The Bic lighter of pistols ... Just works perfectly is all.

Get some 33-rounders, in case of, well, evil befalling us.

AA

Get some 33-rounders, in case of, well, evil befalling us. AA

I had forgotten that Glock made those, and, these days, having a 33 in the brief case is probably a good idea. :thumbup1:

Too bad there's no option to convert to select fire FA; short of jumping through 'never going to happen' FFL hoops.

Take that 17 to a range and you might change your mind about how sexy it is. Excellent pistols.

I agree completely.

Last edited:

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
When you get really bored look up the CAA RONI Glock carbine conversion.

I thought Glocks were boring too! Until I hit the range with one. Dead sexy, especially when it goes bang everytime.

I have carried one as a duty weapon for nearly 20 years. I still find it boring. It works great as a duty weapon and I have no complaints. I still find it boring, though.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
For a duty weapon boring is good! Imagine the excitement when it doesn't go Boom.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
I came home with this:

View attachment 684278

Not sexy, but, I can conceal it and, hey, 17+1 rounds of 9mm ain't too bad. While they are dull, they also go bang every time and I swear they would feed rocks if you put them in the mag. So, while I am still lusting over the Sig, Gaston's finest creation has a new home. And I could not be happier.

Congrats! I'm sure you will like it just fine; reliable as heck. As for it feeding rocks, I have an incident I can relay where one of my guys got a very small, real small, pebble that worked into the frame in the gap above the slide release during an "incident" and it still worked. If I remember right he fired about 8 rounds.

Although...I have found it best if I don't comment in the combat tupperware threads.

Imagine the excitement when it doesn't go Boom.

Enough said. :001_smile

attachment.php

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
That is one good thing about the older Glocks...when you bought the pistol you got a free lunch container. :biggrin1:

$IMG_0002.jpg

They are soulless creatures for sure. That said, I think the G19 is probably the best CCW/defensive pistol on the market. I'd not give mine up. My G26 is a close runner up. IMO, Glocks are the epitome of a defensive tool. Sure they're not as sexy as 1911's, the Browning HP, Sig's, HK's or pretty much any Smith & Wesson wheel gun, but they are realtively affordable, easy to carry/clean/conceal, and they shoot.

Top Bottom