What's new

Newbie checking in.

Hello gentlemen, allow me to introduce myself.

I'm a newbie in DE shaving and I found a lot of useful articles in this wonderful site which I have been exploring for the past two weeks.
I'm 54 years old and I live in Cyprus. I use to work in Marketing but with the economic crisis, I had to take employment with the national symphony orchestra as I also play the violin at a professional level.
My father never tought me how to shave, (in all respect he never did teach me anything, just beating me up whenever he felt like it.)
I always hated shaving with the carts, as they would aggravate my skin and get clogged 4-5-times during a shave. Reading an article here, I realixed that the dreaded cart was and is a merketing gimmick to boost up sales and profitability. Out of despair a month ago I took the Gillette old type DE razor I had for display, loaded it with a Wilkinson blade, watched a few geofatboy videos on shaving and attempted to shave.
What a revelation that was. A nice smooth BBS shave with a few cuts, but no irritation. I realized there is something really good about this and threw away all the carts. Never again with a cart. It's a waste of time coupled with a lot of aggravation. Wet DE shaving also gives me the manly satisfaction of using a dangerous exposed blade. Not for the faint of heart.
To cut a long story short, I now have a Futur, a 34c HD, an R41 RG, and a Wilkinson. In the mail are a Fat boy, an Ikon X3 slant and the Merkur progress 500.

Welcome friend. Got some nice gear there. And for what it's worth, my dad never taught me how to shave either. Not because he was violent, but because he was never around. But I think as men, we learn how to shave pretty well on our own. But it's nice to have B&B and YouTube videos from Geofatboy. I've also gotten a lot of help from his shaving videos.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and tell us about yourself.

Welcome to the Club! Please feel free to ask lots of questions and get involved as much as you can. Enjoy your shaving journey!

Top Bottom