What's new

Help choosing a new cream

Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I'd like to ask for a little bit of help, I know I'm opening up the can all over again but let's see where this goes. Thus far I have used EJ limes and pomegranate, derby(free), klar seifen, Saponifichio Varesino and a few others. Of all of these soaps I have always gotten the best performance from good old classic Proraso cream. I think that for me cream is the way to go, or even a soft soap. After using proraso I now fully get that great performance doesn't mean big money. So my question is, what are your best performing inexpensive creams and why?

Thanks

My favourite Creams are Proraso Red, White, Blue & Green
My best performing low cost cream is Nivea Mild, it lathers easily, it's slick with plenty of cushion and has an inoffensive subtle scent.
I snapped up the last 2x 100ml tubes off the shelf in a Spar shop in Magalluf for only €2,45 each
When it's used up, I know I can get more from Eroski in Santa Ponsa, but at a higher price

proxy.php

I've tried all of the Proraso creams, except white. I find them all to be excellent. Plus the green comes in the big 500ml barber size for a very reasonable price.

I'd suggest you try Kiss My Face (KMF) cream. It preforms well and often comes in a under $8 for 11oz (325ml). I've only tried unscented & pomegranate-grapefruit. The unscented is wonderful to add to soaps to make superlather (or uberlather with glycerin). I think I like Proraso a little bit more, but KMF is a great value for the money. The pump bottle is also very convenient for face lathering. Just pump right onto the brush.

My favourite Creams are Proraso Red, White, Blue & Green
My best performing low cost cream is Nivea Mild, it lathers easily, it's slick with plenty of cushion and has an inoffensive subtle scent.
I snapped up the last 2x 100ml tubes off the shelf in a Spar shop in Magalluf for only €2,45 each
When it's used up, I know I can get more from Eroski in Santa Ponsa, but at a higher price

I didin't even know Nivea made a cream! I use the aftershave balm. I'll have to look and see if I can get it in the states.

I didin't even know Nivea made a cream! I use the aftershave balm. I'll have to look and see if I can get it in the states.
I've seen Nivea advertised by some USA sellers on eBay, but it may be worth your while checking out shipping costs from Europe, some sellers may offer good combined shipping discounts

I like Nivea Sensitive, found it slightly slicker/thicker than Proraso cream.
KMF gives good results if you use enough.

If you want to go a bit more upscale, I found my first TOBS experience (the Aloe Vera) to be wonderful.
More upscale, Castle Forbes Lime is difficult to beat.

More adventurous - find an Indian ethnic store for Old Spice, Godrej, Dettol, Palmolive, or a Turkish store for multiple Arko creams.

Caties bubbles LPV is one I'm really enjoying right now, easy to lather, good slickness, great protection and post shave feel and the smell is awesome!

Kiss My Face works very well and is pretty cheap. Taylor of Old Bond Street (TOBS) creams work exceptionally well. A little more expensive but a little go a long way. I switch off between the two for cream usage.

I really like the Derby creams. The lavender is terrific. i also like the good old Proraso. its a hard to beat cream for performance and price.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
If you want to get into the soft soaps, don't forget Cella. While not quite as economical as many of the others mentioned, it's lovely stuff.

Top Bottom