What's new

Hiya from Canada!

Hey everyone! Longtime lurker, finally decided to make an account. I'm a woman so I've been wet shaving for ages but I decided to make the switch from the horror show that is Gillette Venus disposables to safety razors. I'm crazy excited. I've ordered both the Merkur 23c and 38c to see which weight I prefer. I just opened the blade sampler I put together from tryablade.com. I grabbed 5 packs of each of the following: Derby, Astra Superior Stainless, Astra Superior Platinum, Shark Super Chrome, Shark Super Stainless, Gillette 7'Oclock (yellow), Gillette 7'Oclock (green), Gillette Silver Blue, and Feather.
I can't wait to try them all out, yay!

Welcome to B&B! Don't be shy with questions, and after you've been here for a while you should stop by the HOF and introduce yourself, there's a link in my signature.

RJ - Chicago
Posted from my phone, please forgive typos.

proxy.php

Welcome to B&B eh?

Looks like you are well on your way.

Do not be shy about joining in ANY of the conversations and meeting the members. We're all good friends here on B&B

If you have not already done so, stop into the Hall of Fame and tell everyone a little about yourself

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/forumdisplay.php/30-Hall-of-Fame

Thanks so much for the link. Lol it won't let me read the thread until I have 50 posts so I'd better keep posting!

Welcome to B&B. Looks like you have some great hardware picked out. I didn't notice if a brush was going to be used? Since I am not familiar with shaving a woman's legs, I'm at a loss as to how it's done. My wife uses the Mach3 that I gave her and I believe a shave cream that she rubs on by hand. If you decide to go the brush and cream route, then a great cream is from St James Of London (check out the scents that would get your interest.). Ther aRE many decent brushes that won't break the bank. Try for one of the "pure" badger brushes (many can be found on-line) and if you like the brush method move up to a silvertip at some point in the future. I believe a good badger brush will run between $20 - $40.

Again, glad to have you aboard!

Mikey

Welcome to B&B. Looks like you have some great hardware picked out. I didn't notice if a brush was going to be used? Since I am not familiar with shaving a woman's legs, I'm at a loss as to how it's done. My wife uses the Mach3 that I gave her and I believe a shave cream that she rubs on by hand. If you decide to go the brush and cream route, then a great cream is from St James Of London (check out the scents that would get your interest.). Ther aRE many decent brushes that won't break the bank. Try for one of the "pure" badger brushes (many can be found on-line) and if you like the brush method move up to a silvertip at some point in the future. I believe a good badger brush will run between $20 - $40.

Again, glad to have you aboard!

Mikey

Mikey I have a medium size Edwin Jagger pure badger brush. I would eventually like to upgrade
to something with a 24-25mm knot, simply because covering legs is much more surface area than the face. Since legs aren't as sensitive as a face I think an extra large EJ best badger brush would work well. My pure badger brush feels way softer on my legs than my face so silver tip may be overkill. (Of course that hasn't stopped me from adding a silver tip brush on my Fendrihan wish list *wink*). As for soap I actually make soap/shaving cream/skincare etc so I'm covered in that area. :D
Though I did just pick up some TOBS Avocado because so many people here kept raving about it, so I want to give it a try. I also want to get my hands on some Martin de Candre.

Looks like you got it covered! Agreed on the silvertip, maybe overkill. I Just got an Omega 6214 silvertip and it is VERY soft. You realy need to load the brush so the lather doesn't absorb into the brush rather than on you. Still working with with various lathers.

Mikey

Looks like you got it covered! Agreed on the silvertip, maybe overkill. I Just got an Omega 6214 silvertip and it is VERY soft. You realy need to load the brush so the lather doesn't absorb into the brush rather than on you. Still working with with various lathers.

Mikey

$image.jpg

Whippin' lather like a boss, lol. Its good to
know that creating lather with silver tip comes with possible absorption issues. It never crossed my mind.

Top Bottom