What's new

Personna 74 Tungsten DE

I purchased 5 of these blades on ebay and they were wonderful .Does anybody know where I may be able to purchase more of these.
Thank you everybody for your help

I'm using a blade that was gifted to me recently..My 4th shave today was still smooth and flawless, a really great blade.

Yes that's why I want more of them is become my favorite blade,They work great on my face Which is sensitive and a tough beard

Those I've seen for sale are frightfully expensive. I would need to get dozens if not a hundred or more shaves per blade to make their financial bite worthwhile :)

Where to purchase? Here and there, just like your eBay find. They have been out of production for about 40 years. No one 40 years ago had the clairvoyance to stock-up and keep a stash for when DE would become popular again. Therefore, the only ones to be found are scrounged up here and there. Every time one is used, that is one less in the world's stock, never to be replaced. Unless you wish to get into the business of making your own tungsten blades, you may wish to find another favorite.

Where to purchase? Here and there, just like your eBay find. They have been out of production for about 40 years. No one 40 years ago had the clairvoyance to stock-up and keep a stash for when DE would become popular again. Therefore, the only ones to be found are scrounged up here and there. Every time one is used, that is one less in the world's stock, never to be replaced. Unless you wish to get into the business of making your own tungsten blades, you may wish to find another favorite.
Time to get into the de blade business LOL

I just used one the other day for the first time gifted to me by a forum member. It is one of the sharpest and smoothest blade I've tried, how many shaves do you guys usually get with one blade?

Possibly the greatest American DE blade ever made, I found a few packs at a thrift store once and will use 1 every couple of years, 15-20 3 pass shaves per blade are not out of the question...

Got a bunch of 'em..lasts me about a month/20+ shaves per blade. The first couple are a bit dicey then smooth sailing until the end of the month. Worth every penny even with the premium. No changing, new blade weepers, and vewy, vewy smooth...with what some complain as too spendy and seeing what some new razors cost...think of it as an arrow that flies a flat trajectory at a long distance, costs more but make the process easier.

I find them among the best blades ever made. I find them too expensive to use every day, but they are a great treat to break out from time to time. Even though they are costly, especially compared to other DE razors, they still are less than the newer cartridges. It puts it in perspective for me, and assuages any guilt I may have about the price.

I'd love to try them. I know they go for a ridiculous premium, but in the grand scheme of things, I've spent a lot of money much less wisely.

I finished my blade with 7 good shaves.I shave every other day , my beard is rough ,and I do 3 passes everywhere and 5-6 passes on the tough spots ,so 7 shaves indicates a very good blade.

proxy.php

Snagged these for $42!

Can't wait to try them.

Top Bottom