What's new

A great find today, a mint Gillette Aristocrat

Great find!! My theory is this on razors found in pristine condition such as the Aristocrat you found: Many were given as gifts and did not get used because they were more expensive. The original owners have passed and items are auctioned by family members. Its cool that after all these years someone appreciates that razor more than anyone could ever have imagined when it was originally purchased.

Sweet....

It must have been a gift and the recipient felt it was too nice to use, then died decades later....

It's a happy but sad story when I see razors in as new condition because you know the store is both a happy one and a sad one at the same time.

The first owner could have had decades of pleasurable shaves with this razor but for some reason decided to keep it as it was when it was given.

I say gift as no one would "purchase" this item then not use it... well maybe someone but no one I would know anyway.

well it must have been used, the gold plated blade bank is gone..... probably saved you 50-70$ US by that fact..
In this set, there was no gold blade case, just a dispenser with 10 Gillette Blue Blades. I saw that on Mr-Razor's site( thanks by the way).

Actually, there was a Gillette package inside the case when I bought it and still have it but it was the Gillette Platinum sampler with 2 of them, so I didn't include it in the photos. Now, it's inside the case again.

Thanks again!!!

I used it today for the first time. It was also the first time I used a DE razor after a long time. I sterilized it a few days ago and decided to give it a try. The razor is beautiful. Words can't describe how nice it looks. It's in new condition, I'm very lucky.

Overall, the shave was very good, I chose one of the best and most luxurious soaps I have, the Nuavia Rossa. The scents of Nuavia soaps are intoxicating.

The razor is a nice shaver, but way too mild for my tastes. I think it's milder than the OneBlade.

proxy.php

I used it today for the first time. It was also the first time I used a DE razor after a long time. I sterilized it a few days ago and decided to give it a try. The razor is beautiful. Words can't describe how nice it looks. It's in new condition, I'm very lucky.

Overall, the shave was very good, I chose one of the best and most luxurious soaps I have, the Nuavia Rossa. The scents of Nuavia soaps are intoxicating.

The razor is a nice shaver, but way too mild for my tastes. I think it's milder than the OneBlade.

proxy.php

I'm curious which blade you used in the razor. I have a Diplomat, which is comparable, and find that a Super Iridium brings the best out of it.

Top Bottom