What's new

Help me choose a soap

Fairly new to DE shaving and I'm about to finish off my first batch of shaving soap. I currently have Razorock XXX. I find the scent quite nice and it seems to lather up very well.

Now it's time to try a new soap and would like to hear what you guys recommend as your favorite current shaving soap. I'm looking for something that I can lather up directly in the container as I don't have a shaving bowl.

So what's your current go to soap?

I can't choose just one favorite because I love all of the soaps that I have tried. My favorite scents are:

Through the Fire Fine Craft: Ember and Steel
Mama Bear: Northwoods and Mysore Sandalwood
Dr. Jon's: 1803
Charcoal Goods
Beaver Woodwright: Davey Jones
Dapper Dragon: Black Dragon

Right now, I'm using most of these in a regular rotation. They all have their perks and mixing it up keeps the shaves entertaining and gives me something to which I can look forward each day. Beware the world of shaving soap because it's quite the slippery soap. I have about a million other scents from a million different artisans that are still on my wishlist and I won't be satisfied until I have them all.

Arko from Turkey
proxy.php

Derby, also from Turkey
proxy.php

Or for something unusual
De Vergulde Hand from Holland
proxy.php

Barrister and Mann. Take your pick. I'd start with Seville or Cheshire, since neither are seasonal. But Adagio, a summer seasonal, is a wonderful soap. You can get samples of B&M from Maggard Razors.
I just ordered Cologne Russe from B&M so can let you know when it gets here but I've heard great things for a long time about them.

My favorite currently is razorock for ease of use. Pick a new scent but XXX is one of their best.
I also love the captain's choice bay rum scent and have the original razorock edition. Not sure how the new stuff is but his aftershave are great (cat o'nine tails is my favorite) and some one else may have tried the new soap to verify that.

I am spending 2016 with Haslinger's lineup. Each option I have tried is a top performer (schafmilch, aloe vera, sage, sandalwood and coconut).

Top Bottom