What's new

Checking in and saying hi.

Pretty much new to wet shaving and thank God I have found it. Always enjoyed shaving but did so with older model Gillette cartridges. Just turned 38 and decided to get into the real man's game. Bought myself a Merkur 38C HD and the entire line of Proraso Green (including their Omega boar brush). I know it's not the best setup but I think it has been pretty good for starters. I have been using Merkur blades but have ordered Feathers. I am not afraid of them as I believe my technique is pretty good. Always had a problem with bumps on my neck around the Adam's apple and off to its sides and already, within 2 weeks of real shaving, it seems to be getting better.

I'm happy to finally become part of this forum as I have been a "lurker" for a long while. I'm an emergency service worker in NYC and live in Brooklyn. I have a wife and 16 month old girl and wet shaving has been a real relaxing escape for me.

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B and a lifetime of far better shaves. You have a great razor and one that served me well for some time. Personally, I find the Feathers a bit too aggressive, so I dialed it back a bit to Astra SPs.

As we say here though, Your Mileage May Vary (YMMV).

Enjoy and keep us posted on your journey!

I never used one. Guess I'll find out soon enough. Thanks for the welcome bro. I want to like everything Merkur because I am
a creature of habit. I like having the same company of everything. I just find that the Merkur's don't do a great job on my mustache and chin.....then I have that issue on my neck. I know the Feather'sq tend to
be aggressive but I am "THAT guy" who has to go right to the top of the line or go at it full on. I wish I knew more in betweens from a Merkur to a Feather. I'm gonna guess that would be an Astra SP in your opinion.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, Andrew. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Hello Andrew! Welcome aboard and for any help or tip just ask, we are here at your disposal. :001_smile

Welcome to the Club! Your setup sounds great. The Omega brush will get better with time. The tips will split and the brush will become soft. Omega boars are workhorses and will serve you well!

I'm an emergency service worker in NYC and live in Brooklyn. I have a wife and 16 month old girl and wet shaving has been a real relaxing escape for me.

Speaking as a chaplain for first responders and emergency service workers...you have made a wise choice. It is important to unplug and take time to relax. A relaxing shave may be just the beginning of enjoying the simple things in life.

Welcome, Andrew. Your set-up sounds fine to me. I have an Omega boar brush similar to yours and use it all the time, it's one of my favorites. :thumbup1:

Top Bottom