What's new

International rarities

Good day gentlemen,

I know we have members here from all the countries and continents. I'd like to start a thread in which we can present some local good shaving products (soap, cream, after shave etc.) not known or not available on the international market. Local produced gems. And maybe somehow... we can find them (usually on-line, or while traveling) and have a new, lovely experience.

I would suggest to present them with pictures and a brief description or review.

P.S. I don't know if this was done before, here. If so, I apologize. I checked and I didn't find any similar thread.

I suppose I'm the one who has to break the ice.
I found two lovely after shave balms, on a trip in Romania. They are locally produced, and I never saw them on the North American market.
The first one is a "Prof. Dr. A Aslan" - "Gerovital H3". One of the best balms I've tried, in terms of after shave treatment. The scent is quite delicate and elegant, nothing to be amazed of.
The second one, "Plant Activ" with sea buckthorn oil. This one comes in a cheap plastic bottle, but the content doesn't feel cheep at all. The scent really makes a statement. Very original and pleasant.
Both of them, extra cheap there, compared with the North American market, or with the on-line one.
$14064286_297427333951856_7679641795634493969_n.jpg$15040042_297427350618521_2789774847966843278_n.jpg

When we were in Italy I rfound tubs of Figaro cream da barba at a small market in Tuscany for something just shy of 2euro. Haven't seen this one for sale in the states that I can remember, it's from the maker of the first round of Razorock soaps (same "UFO" tub)... Wish I had brought back more than one.
imagejpeg

Last edited:
I live in Mallorca, Spain
We've got some great shaving creams, all available online : La Toja, Lea and Nivea
The least well known is probably Williams Expert Ice Blue - made by the same company that makes Spanish Aqua Velva
It's a no frills cream which lathers easily, is nice and slick and provides plenty of cushion. It has an inoffensive, neutral sort of scent and reasonably good moisturising properties
For me it's most convenient for availability - they sell it in Bip supermarket, just a few hundred yards away from my apartment.
It's less than €4 for a 150ml tube
proxy.php

We've got some very nice shaving sticks too, La Toja & Lea are both available online
Not so well known, and less readily available is Bea.
Similar to Lea, but with a "soapier" scent. It lathers like a pro, provides plenty of cushion and is as slick as you like. It always leaves my face feeling smooth and supple.
The only place I've seen it is from an aptly named shop called Aladdin's Cave, just a few doors down from Bip
And at €1,80 per stick it won't break the bank
View attachment 683957

Spanish aftershaves are well known for their quality, the most well known being Agua Brava, Floid Vigaroso, La Toja, and Williams Expert Aqua Velva
We've also got another beauty : Varon Dandy Cologne, anybody who likes Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve or Tabac Original will probably like Varon Dandy
Available from Eroski in Santa Ponsa for around €12 for a whopping Litre bottle it has to be the best value quality product in the known universe
An aftershave version is also available for around €10 from a Spar shop just around the corner from the Hotel Son Matias Beach a few hundred yards down the road from my apartment
proxy.php

I live in Mallorca, Spain
We've got some great shaving creams, all available online : La Toja, Lea and Nivea
The least well known is probably Williams Expert Ice Blue - made by the same company that makes Spanish Aqua Velva
It's a no frills cream which lathers easily, is nice and slick and provides plenty of cushion. It has an inoffensive, neutral sort of scent and reasonably good moisturising properties
For me it's most convenient for availability - they sell it in Bip supermarket, just a few hundred yards away from my apartment.
It's less than €4 for a 150ml tube
proxy.php

We've got some very nice shaving sticks too, La Toja & Lea are both available online
Not so well known, and less readily available is Bea.
Similar to Lea, but with a "soapier" scent. It lathers like a pro, provides plenty of cushion and is as slick as you like. It always leaves my face feeling smooth and supple.
The only place I've seen it is from an aptly named shop called Aladdin's Cave, just a few doors down from Bip
And at €1,80 per stick it won't break the bank
View attachment 683957

Spanish aftershaves are well known for their quality, the most well known being Agua Brava, Floid Vigaroso, La Toja, and Williams Expert Aqua Velva
We've also got another beauty : Varon Dandy Cologne, anybody who likes Pinaud Clubman Special Reserve or Tabac Original will probably like Varon Dandy
Available from Eroski in Santa Ponsa for around €12 for a whopping Litre bottle it has to be the best value quality product in the known universe
An aftershave version is also available for around €10 from a Spar shop just around the corner from the Hotel Son Matias Beach a few hundred yards down the road from my apartment
proxy.php

Are you sure LEA still produces BEA ??...It disappeared from their website more than a year ago.. http://www.productoslea.com/en/products/man/shaving/creams-and-soaps/

Top Bottom