What's new

That was close. Whew!

I took my trusty new M200 with me to work yesterday. I had to make a stop as part of my duties, and I left my M200 in my bag in the car for an hour or so while I took care of business. I forgot to take it in with me. When I got back to the car, I realized it probably wasn't a wise move to leave my pen in a hot car. I quickly checked it. It seemed fine. Probably being in a pen case and in my bag helped protect it. It was slightly warm, but it didn't burp any ink into the cap, and all seems fine.

Next time I'll be more mindful to put the pen in my pocket rather than leaving it the car. Pens probably suffer worse sitting in USPS trucks as they are shipped all over the country, but still. Better to be more careful in the future.

Claudel Xerxes

Staff member
Glad to hear that everything is A-Okay.

I wonder if there's a certain breaking point for most pens or inks. I'd imagine that it has more to do with the difference of internal and external temperatures. Plus, how quick the temperature change is.

I took my trusty new M200 with me to work yesterday. I had to make a stop as part of my duties, and I left my M200 in my bag in the car for an hour or so while I took care of business. I forgot to take it in with me. When I got back to the car, I realized it probably wasn't a wise move to leave my pen in a hot car. I quickly checked it. It seemed fine. Probably being in a pen case and in my bag helped protect it. It was slightly warm, but it didn't burp any ink into the cap, and all seems fine.

Next time I'll be more mindful to put the pen in my pocket rather than leaving it the car. Pens probably suffer worse sitting in USPS trucks as they are shipped all over the country, but still. Better to be more careful in the future.
This is something I could see myself doing (thankfully I haven't yet....looking for some fiberboard to pound on)

I do try to park under a tree at work though, which really makes a difference in heat build up.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I keep a couple eyedroppered pens in my truck all the time ... one a Kaweco sport and one either another Kaweco or a Pilot 78g ... never had an issue with burping on hot days.

Top Bottom