What's new

Sunburn

Use a shaving oil under your cream/soap and only do a WTG pass. If that is not close enough then I do a second WTG pass but one usually covers it for me. Use sunscreen. Hope you feel better

I went through some pretty bad sunburn about a month ago, and I had to go without a shave for about a week. I wasn't about to try to run a razor across my face.

I couldn't think of a worse time to drag sharpened steel across my face. :eek:

Let the stubble grow while the skin heals before trying a shave.

+1 on skipping shaving unless your job demands it (and even then, explain the situation and I'm sure they'll make an exemption).

Good advice here, particularly about minimizing passes or skipping the shave altogether. I'll add that I've found Nancy Boy's sunburn relief concoction to be more effective than drugstore jugs of strangely colored aloe.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Depending on how bad the burn is (blisters, etc...) you might try a shave. A few weeks back I received a generous portion of sun while fishing. When it was all said and done, I looked like a boiled crawfish and only had one fish to show for it. Well, my job requires that I shave as I deal with the public. So, I laid aside my red tip SS and reached for the trusty NEW, which always gives me a great , gentle shave. Lathered up (I recommend lathering in the bowl) and did my normal 2.5 pass routine being very careful with the pressure and angle. Afterwards, I applied a generous amount of after shave balm which did a lot to help the burn. The shave really didn't aggravate the burn at all. The one thing I would've changed in hind sight is, instead of face lathering, I will lather in a bowl then just paint it on. The action of the brush on the face was a little uncomfortable in certain areas.

BJC

Apply some 100% aloe vera to the burn and skip shaving for a couple of days. The 100% aloe vera can do wonders to help improve a sunburn . . . so says a fair skinned, red-headed (at least when I had hair) kid from the sunburn friendly deep south.:biggrin:

What do you guy do different (shaving/prep), if anything, when you have a sunburn? Darn California sun:redface:

Whenever I get a sunburn I just suction the whiskers off.:001_rolle
proxy.php

Don't shave if you don't have to.

Use aloe.

Stay away from anything citrus in your shave routine if you are dealing with a sunburn or think you might get over exposed. Citrus will intensify the sunburn effect. No lime shave cream, no bergamot, etc, etc. I'd stay away from alcohol based after shave as well.

Top Bottom