What's new

P&C Sale

Mods, wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the shopping and deals - but since its tobacco, though here would be most appropriate. Please move if I posted incorrectly.

Use code "thanks" for 20% of your entire order, for 24 hours only. I don't know what time today the sale started.

They still don't have WarHorse Bar back yet, nor anymore Christmas Cheer, but if your looking to save a few bucks, here ya go.:w00t:

They still don't have WarHorse Bar back yet, nor anymore Christmas Cheer, but if your looking to save a few bucks, here ya go.:w00t:

IIRC, I read on the Standard Tobacco website some time ago that they were almost ready to release the War Horse plug. They originally were planning on releasing it early this year, but production problems pushed it back. The website said they were planning to roll it out at the Vegas show in November. (Hopefully the FDA didn't hose that up for everyone.)

Thanks for that info. Been looking for it. Guess they did a short release to get it under the wire for the 8th, but must be waiting for whatever date to do full production.

P&C is not very high on my list at the moment. Last week I ordered their customer appreciation bundle and a few tins. They promptly lost the order. They ignored my first email. After my first call, where they said they would look into in it, they cancelled 90% of the items off of the order, including several tins that were in stock and have since been discontinued, the customer appreciation box and the free gift that came with it. Still no refund, email or call from them at that point. After my 2nd call to them, they told me that I could have the customer appreciation box at full price but they wouldn't include any of the free gifts. I told them not to do me any favors and received a refund. I was offered a gift card for my troubles - that I have not received yet.

I have one more outstanding order for some bulk McLelland (assuming I actually get it) and after that I will do my best to forget that P&C exists.

CWX, that's been my story with them as well. Numerous times. Don't know how they get business at this point.

Not to forget their price gouging; 25 bucks for a tin of Balkan Sobranie. Compared to under 12 at Smoking Pipes. Surprised the Esoterica isn't over 50 across the board yet. Figure the Cigars International side of their business keeps them afloat.

Ordering tins and bulk is one thing, I can't imagine ordering cigars. Pipe tobacco can get tossed around, sticks can crack so easily. Last order I made was nearly identical to CWX, plus a bulk I ordered was caked in mold upon arrival. Ordered some Crooner to see what Bing Crosby smoked and the bag had mold all in it. Blew my mind to think someone was scooping out of a bulk container, seeing the mold and just bagged and tossed in the box without care.

I've had a mix bag with P&C, but I've been on a good streak with them lately. I mean, I've even received dented tins from SP, which is packed methodically. Sometimes there's nothing you can really do.

Plus, I decided to stop doing business with 4noggins, so that limits my options. Whoever runs their Facebook page is an idiot. They've posted various political BS and half naked girls on various occasions. I kind of thought that they were more professional than that, but it's like the place is run by a 13 year old... which is scary. It's not even that I agree/disagree with the political stuff, but the way they responded to people who complained about it was insane. They don't care if they alienate half of their customers, and basically flip them the bird as they leave.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Plus, I decided to stop doing business with 4noggins, Whoever runs their Facebook page is an idiot.

I can't say for certain but it sounds like Rich. He was a member on a couple pipe forums, and sometimes it just really seamed like there was no filter between his head and his keyboard.

I can't say for certain but it sounds like Rich. He was a member on a couple pipe forums, and sometimes it just really seamed like there was no filter between his head and his keyboard.

They either need to get someone else to replace him or tell him to shut up. When people complained, his response was essentially, "Bye... I'm getting positive publicity from the people who stay."

I'm in the renewable energy business, and therefore I have to be either apolitical or a chameleon... changing my colors depending on whether I'm with a red or blue group of people. A project we're working on right now literally involves appeasing both parties at the same time. So, this is a huge pet peeve of mine.

Yup Rich is the owner and only person who works there I think cause he's the only one to ever answer the phone. My favorite is when I call and ask about something he's just so passive and "oh I don't know I doubt I will" when asked about getting something or helping me with a request. Still better than some out there!

Top Bottom