What's new

New OC Tech

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I have always been partial to OC razors. After trying many different models over the years I've decided that it would probably be wise to stop forcing it and accept the fact that I am just not an OC kind of guy.
But for some strange reason I couldn't let it go. I kept wanting to have at least one OC razor in my rotation that I like.
So, knowing there is such a odd beast as an OC Tech, I decided to get one. Apparently they are quite rare. But it so happened that I was able to find one, and in a very good condition too. I shaved with it today and had mixed feelings. It is indeed mild, yet you can distinctly feel the teeth on your skin. So I still haven't reached a final verdict.
Here it is:

$1.jpg

$2.jpg

$4.jpg

$5.jpg

I have two OC Techs (with the Nacet brand) that are not nearly as minty as yours. TBH, I could not tell the difference between them and a regular solid bar Tech.
My favorite mild OC is the flat bottom NEW (not to be confused with the RFB):
http://www.mr-razor.com/Rasierer/The NEW/1930-40 NEW in brown bakelite case England.JPG
Another underrated mild OC is the Merkur 1904.
I mostly go for medium or aggressive razors, so my views may be a bit off.

In any event, that is a VERY nice example of an OC Tech.

Very nice find. Another one here who did not know OC Techs existed. I use a few different OC Des and have never felt the teeth on my skin while shaving. Could you be using too much pressure?

Bob

I have the exact same razor with no naming, try a shallower angle. The shave is far smoother.

$OCTech.jpg$OCTech2.jpg

I get a DFS but never a BBS with this razor. However, it's perfect for a quick two pass shave.

Hi fellows, I too, am intrigued by the OC Tech. I have two of them. They aren't marked as made in England, so this leads me to believe they are both made in France. One has the letter K and the number 3 on it, and the other has the letter O, and the number 4 on it. Those markings are the only markings other than the word GILLETTE on the cap.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Although I don't shave with the NOS OC Tech, I have shaven with the other. It is a mild shave.

Hi,

Both the thread title and the first pics made me think that they had restarted production of the OC Tech....... ;)

Stan

How many years was the OC Tech made for? Im assuming a few as there looks like there are slight differences between the razors pictured in this thread.

Very cool looking razor.

Lyle

Would you say a flat bottom New is milder than the regular LC or SC New?

I don't have a simple answer to that question. Before I became a NEW fan, I struggled with the LC and even a bit with the SC (my technique was not very good). Only later did I try the flat bottom NEW and by then I was hooked by the whole NEW family. Nonetheless, I would describe the English-made NEW flat bottom as more forgiving than either the LC or the SC and definitely more mild than the LC.

When looking for razors in the wild I can never pass up a OC NEW or anything OC. If I can get them for a decent price even if the handle is cracked I always buy it. I just love the way the NEW's look. I would say just display them if you like them. You don't have to shave with them I primary use single edge razors now but have a dozen OC's. Yes I have OC single edge razors and injectors. :)

Top Bottom