What's new

Bic Metal - Rough Shave

Tested a Bic Metal SE disposable this a.m. This is a single blade, fly weight plastic razor, non-pivoting head. It started out okay but had a couple of very tiny weepers and some irritation on my trouble spot (one area on the right top part of neck just below jaw line). This is definitely a disposable I would have to get used to in order to make it work for me.

With this razor you can't treat it like a pivoting head two or three blade cart. All said and done I'd rather use the Gillette Sensor disposables for travel.

proxy.php

Don't know if you've ever tried them, but the Schick ST2 are what I use if I need a disposable. I've always had good shaves with them.

I find the Bic Metal to be serviceable when I must have a disposable. I normally do a one or two pass shave, and don't try for anything better than a SAS.

My first razor ever, in that time and few years back it was suitable for my face. I believe pack of 5 was under 1€

Those look like the ones they gave me at the rehab hospital after I had my stroke. They felt like they had been pre-dulled for my convenience. I told my wife to dig out my old Norelco and bring it in, that's how bad it was.

I tried these a few times. Rough and some weepers.

When I travel, I much prefer the Gillette Guard. You can find them on eBay. They're cheap as long as you can wait for them to be shipped from India.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Those look like the ones they gave me at the rehab hospital after I had my stroke. They felt like they had been pre-dulled for my convenience. I told my wife to dig out my old Norelco and bring it in, that's how bad it was.

Too funny. Hope you are on the mend, tho.

Best disposable ever made.Treat it like a Schick Injector and if you have a good technique you will get the same amazing 4 pass BBS shaves I get when I use it as a travel razor (I normally use a DE).

Best disposable ever made.Treat it like a Schick Injector and if you have a good technique you will get the same amazing 4 pass BBS shaves I get when I use it as a travel razor (I normally use a DE).

I guess I'm weird, but I love Bic Metals! I with the above...

Saw this old thread tonight, but i agree with you Razorcan... these were awesome disposables. Blades were very sharp. The feel of them was stellar. Too bad I can't find them around here anymore. Not sure if they are still being made. I'll check now for it on Amazon!

They are still made and are everywhere in the EU were I live, don't know about the US though...

Saw this old thread tonight, but i agree with you Razorcan... these were awesome disposables. Blades were very sharp. The feel of them was stellar. Too bad I can't find them around here anymore. Not sure if they are still being made. I'll check now for it on Amazon!

They are still made and are everywhere in the EU were I live, don't know about the US though...

In what country if I may ask?
Over here I see them only in one supermarket chain. As it seems wilkinson sword has become the major player, I think even bigger than gillette.
Only BIC I have seen lately are DE blades sold at flea or farmer market

Agreed that they give an absolutely lousy face shave but its the razor I keep in my medic bags. Can dry shear the hairiest of chests/backs/legs/etc. quickly & without clogging and nicks usually aren't much of a concern.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I was the lucky recipient of the Bics from @JeffJ . I use them in the shower for a quick shave. Work great for my mileage varying face, lol.
Thanks again, Jeff. Very nice of you.

After my heart attack, they kept putting electrodes on my chest and ripping out chest hair when they removed them. I asked for a razor to shave off my chest hair. They gave me a bic disposable. I scraped off / ripped out all of my chest hair before they could do it again. Guess I showed them...

Top Bottom