What's new

Gold-Tone Razor Blades

Can someone shed some light on these blades? I bought a 5 pack from the bay. I really just bought them out of curiosity and the uniqueness factor. I figured I would use them with my gold plated razors like a goodwill #164 and 46-47 aristocrat to keep things fancy.:pipe:Any insight on sharpness and quality would be greatly appreciated.

Bonus question totally unrelated: Anyone have a model and date code/ID for the ivory white plastic blade dispenser pictured below? I am trying to find one to complete a cased razor set I have and can't seem to track one down. I know I have not posted/ contributed enough here to use the marketplace so I would likely use the bay. Thank you in advance.
View attachment 683591

I guess I phrased the questions incorrectly, my apologies. I just wanted to know if anyone has ever used the gold-tone blades and what their experience was with them. Not to ID those blades. See the image below.
$Gold%20Tone%20blades%20(3).jpg

As for my secondary question about the ivory white plastic blade dispenser pictured in my previous post, yes I would need to know the ID and year for that item. Thanks!

Here's another old thread: http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/158217-Old-DE-Blades

Some good pictures of the blade & box, but not a whole lot of info. A bit of a dig through Google shows some references to patents around 1947.

I've seen them on eBay a few times but never picked any up. They seem to be another carbon blade, just gold in color. I've wondered myself if a different metal composition was used and how they compare to other carbon blades of similar vintage.

frstplce thanks for the info. Any idea on the ivory blade dispenser in my second question? I need to acquire one ASAP but have no clue how to accurately describe it to search the bay for it or even google.

Just a Gillette Blue blade dispenser. Not sure there is anything special to call it, and worse, your random eBay seller really isn't going to know anything special about it.

I did do a quick eBay search, and listing 311679592127 is the only one I found with a similar dispenser.

frstplce yeah I saw that one as well and I was going bid but I don't want the other stuff included especially at 19 bucks. I guess I'll just have to continue my hunt.

frstplce yeah I saw that one as well and I was going bid but I don't want the other stuff included especially at 19 bucks. I guess I'll just have to continue my hunt.

If you're still looking, found another in a new listing that is by itself. Item 401179980925 on the bay.

Top Bottom