What's new

Maggard OC v2 is awful

Status
Not open for further replies.

Space_Cadet

I don't have a funny description.
I just received my Maggard OC v2 head. The first second I saw the threading on the head I knew it is the worst quality razor I've ever seen.
And I was immediately proven right - the thread was so poorly made it didn't fit any of my handles.
So basically this goes right to the trash bin. This is below Chinese trash, this is a new record.

Did you ask Maggard for a replacement :blink: make sure you take a complete photo short in every angle so you have proof of bad QA product control and send them an email

Last edited:
Did you ask Maggard for a replacement :blink: make sure you take a complete photo short in every angle so you have proof of bad QA product control and send them an email
Agree as I have never had a problem with Maggard heads. I did have a v1 head that took some time to center the blade, emailed Maggard and they send me a new one no cost which worked great. My daily go-to is a Maggard MR6 with V3 head. Contact them - they have redounded customer service and will take care of you.

I've used the MR v2.0 OC about 3 months ago is still pretty good didn't have any issue :001_smile

proxy.php

I just received my Maggard OC v2 head. The first second I saw the threading on the head I knew it is the worst quality razor I've ever seen.
And I was immediately proven right - the thread was so poorly made it didn't fit any of my handles.
So basically this goes right to the trash bin. This is below Chinese trash, this is a new record.

If it makes you feel any better, the v2 with safety bar I have is pretty bad too. Finish and threading are OK but there's so much slop in blade alignment I'll never use it.

-Mc

I had a similar problem when I got my v3 head as part of their bundle. I told them the problem and they sent a new head immediately. The second head was not as bad, but still did not tighten without pressure. I took the chance and applied more pressure than I felt comfortable with because the handle was SS and the head was a softer metal. It did tighten properly and when I took the head off and tightened it again it was okay with no problems. Try that if you still have the head. Also contact Maggard and let them know. They are very good in resolving problems like that.

My V2 is well made and works great. Made in India by the way, not China, FWIW. You should have contacted Maggards. They would have made it right. Every company gets a clinker once in a while.

proxy.php

Space_Cadet

Yes, an average guy would of probably sent it back and gotten a replacement, but when I see such quality I basically don't want anything to do with them anymore. They are crossed out on my personal list.

Yes, an average guy would of probably sent it back and gotten a replacement, but when I see such quality I basically don't want anything to do with them anymore. They are crossed out on my personal list.

That's your loss. I've had nothing but good experiences with Maggards.

Yeah, what on God's green earth shall I now do without their magnificent products that have no parallels whatsoever.
Calm down bro. It's not that serious. People return things all the time after getting a defective product. No need to bash them because of it when they are willing to make it right if you contact them. Now you're making yourself look foolish on a public forum.

Space_Cadet

Calm down bro. It's not that serious. People return things all the time after getting a defective product. No need to bash them because of it when they are willing to make it right if you contact them. Now you're making yourself look foolish on a public forum.

It isn't exactly "defective", the way it looked shows the way they make their products and their QC level in general (a fact which was supported in this thread by other members).
I am not "bashing" and I did not say it is serious. I just said they are not on my list anymore. I have voiced my opinion calmly and rationally. It was another member that shifted it to the personal level and started with "your loss", etc'.
I am entitled to hold my own opinion about a certain manufacturer. This forum is not only for positive reviews.

You calling me names and getting personal is really low and against this forum's guidelines.

Last edited:
It's good to hear both negative and positive data points. That said as I previously indicated, I think the real measure of any company today is their customer service. ESPECIALLY when you're looking at low cost items. That's what I would have gauged the interaction on. I think many of us just find it odd that you've elected to not give them the opportunity to make it right.

However that's your decision and you certainly are entitled to your own opinion.

I do have one question tho: If it does not fit any handles, how is it *not* defective?

Space_Cadet

I do have one question tho: If it does not fit any handles, how is it *not* defective?

I've received more than one or two defective items over the years. But there is "defective" and there is "beyond belief". When I saw this one I couldn't believe my eyes. That's basically why I don't even want to bother with this particular manufacturer.

Last edited:

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Just to be fair, Maggard's isn't the manufacturer, they didn't make the product .. "It isn't exactly "defective", the way it looked shows the way they make their products and their QC level in general" but a retailer that has chosen to sell some extremely low priced razors and components in a niche not occupied by many modern products. They inspect them but obviously some get by. But the OP is free to experiment with another seller of imported from where-ever razor heads at the Maggard prices. And I hope to read a future post here about how and what other sub $15 razor head has solved his anxiety.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom