What's new

I Now Have The Trifecta Of Penhaligon's Scents

Gents, I caught an email sale from Penhaligon's last week and scored a 200ml bottle of Blenheim Bouquet A/S splash for sixty odd dollars. When it arrived I of course popped the top and took a deep smell of what I knew was going to be bottled goodness. And indeed it was. Then it dawned on me. I now own all three of Penhaligon's classic Victorian/Edwardian scents. Hammam Bouquet(1872) and I believe their first fragrance, English Fern(1910), and Blenheim Bouquet(1902). I am a happy man. Now I wonder how much longer these classics will last? I know EF is on the edge and I would miss BB but if Penhaligon's musses up Hammam Bougquet there could be another American insurrection.

Todd, you are just beginning!
Congrats!

$pens stack 2.jpg

Congrats Todd, and Penhaligon's is its own rabbit hole Known at the Penhalgon's Pit:lol: Murray pushed me into it a few yrs ago, and I just keep falling, LOL

Dave, rabbit hole indeed. More like a sinkhole! I am none too keen on some of the newer offerings but their Douro(new by their standards) is one I would love to add to the stable. One of the finest Eau de Portugal scents I have sniffed.

Sarimento, fabulous ensemble of fragrance.

Penhaligon's did reformulate Hamman Bouquet about 6 years ago. It was much truer to the original extract minus the harsh oily character. EF is good, so is BB. I would try some of the Crown Perfumery fragrances such as Town and Country if you can find them.

Dave, rabbit hole indeed. More like a sinkhole! I am none too keen on some of the newer offerings but their Douro(new by their standards) is one I would love to add to the stable. One of the finest Eau de Portugal scents I have sniffed.

Sarimento, fabulous ensemble of fragrance.

I believe that Douro was introduced in 1911 so it probably fits better with your other 3 frags rather than the newer Pen's offerings. One of my favourites as well, Todd.

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Gents, I caught an email sale from Penhaligon's last week and scored a 200ml bottle of Blenheim Bouquet A/S splash for sixty odd dollars. When it arrived I of course popped the top and took a deep smell of what I knew was going to be bottled goodness. And indeed it was. Then it dawned on me. I now own all three of Penhaligon's classic Victorian/Edwardian scents. Hammam Bouquet(1872) and I believe their first fragrance, English Fern(1910), and Blenheim Bouquet(1902). I am a happy man. Now I wonder how much longer these classics will last? I know EF is on the edge and I would miss BB but if Penhaligon's musses up Hammam Bougquet there could be another American insurrection.

The Aftershave splash is really amazing. I have two empty flacon and when I finish a few other favorites, I will find myself doing a re-buy of the BB splash. Thanks for jogging my memory of it. Such a deal you got!

You seem like a man after my own heart. I love Hammam, Blenheim, English Fern and Douro. All the classic old English scents.

If you haven't tried Douro yet, do. It's lemon and powdery to my nose (where BB is lime and pepper). I'm' sure you'll like it based on your taste.

And I must admit, I'm not a fan of their new stuff except for a few particular scents. Sartorial comes to mind. Perhaps the new Endymion or Esprit Du Roi but really, the old simple scents done right are what I love.

You seem like a man after my own heart. I love Hammam, Blenheim, English Fern and Douro. All the classic old English scents.

If you haven't tried Douro yet, do. It's lemon and powdery to my nose (where BB is lime and pepper). I'm' sure you'll like it based on your taste.

And I must admit, I'm not a fan of their new stuff except for a few particular scents. Sartorial comes to mind. Perhaps the new Endymion or Esprit Du Roi but really, the old simple scents done right are what I love.
Love Sartorial, but Hammam is something else altogether. Love the history and wonderful depth it has. Will always remind me of a conversation I had with the manageress of their store in the Cornhill Exchange near the Bank of England - where I was revered for being a fan of it, as most younger types are nor, and where I was told it's story in full. Truly beautiful.

I just went to the new Penhaligon's stone in the Westfield World Trade Center in lower Manhattan near our apartment in Tribeca in New York City yesterday. I asked the young man about English Fern and he said to the best of his knowledge it was still going to be available even though it is not longer offered in the other products. The cologne will still be available! I told him about my first trip to Penhaligon's in London in 1992 and visited the store in Covent Garden. English Fern was my first purchase there and I understand your connection to it!

$2016-10-12 18.35.10.jpg

Here's a pic of the front of the store from last night...

$2016-10-12 19.00.39.jpg

I just went to the new Penhaligon's stone in the Westfield World Trade Center in lower Manhattan near our apartment in Tribeca in New York City yesterday. I asked the young man about English Fern and he said to the best of his knowledge it was still going to be available even though it is not longer offered in the other products. The cologne will still be available! I told him about my first trip to Penhaligon's in London in 1992 and visited the store in Covent Garden. English Fern was my first purchase there and I understand your connection to it!

View attachment 695307

Here's a pic of the front of the store from last night...

View attachment 695308

WAAHH! You are in my neck of the woods! Would have loved to say hello! The gentleman at the door is very nice and allowed me to sample a bunch of scents without question. Great store and the customer service is very solid IMHO especially when compared to other fragrances places.

Thanks for the pics of the store! So jealous. I love quite a few fragrances from this house, but alas, longevity is an issue with most of them :bored:

Sartorial is the only one that really lasts all day, and I love the scent.

Thanks for the pics of the store! So jealous. I love quite a few fragrances from this house, but alas, longevity is an issue with most of them :bored:

Sartorial is the only one that really lasts all day, and I love the scent.

The interesting thing about this store is that it is very simple on the inside with just a table in the center of the space with an "oval" of scent bottles on the top with a bottle of every scent they offer! Talk about making things easy! It really is amazing! As far as the scents go, they still have some of the old standby's as well as quite a few new scents. Like any house, some scents are long lasting and others are not. You just have to try them and see what works best for you!

$01CRITIC3-superJumbo.jpg

WAAHH! You are in my neck of the woods! Would have loved to say hello! The gentleman at the door is very nice and allowed me to sample a bunch of scents without question. Great store and the customer service is very solid IMHO especially when compared to other fragrances places.

I'm smack dab in the middle of Tribeca which isn't far from the Westfield World Trade Center but I'm not here often. Usually working at my store in Western New Jersey... I do get in now and again and will be there toward the end of the week for a couple of days! I do need some time off now and then! I'll have to drop in there soon!

Top Bottom