What's new

Hello from a "new" Wet shaver

O.k. I have checked the place out a bit and have decided to introduce myself and to tell my story as well. :biggrin1:

Hi, my name is Jeff but will answer to JSTR/Jester or Hey You. I live in VA and have spent most of my adult life in different parts of the state. I grew up in Baltimore and still consider it home. However all my sports teams except for the O’s are out of Pittsburgh – love the Pens! But I digress…

I started wet shaving about two years ago with the Van Der Hagen Men's Luxury, Shave Set and a 4 pack of Col Conk pucks. That is it – all I have been using - wanted to get a nice brush but never pulled the trigger because of the cost and really could it make that much of a difference...

After some lurking and research I decided on getting a Muhle travel brush to “test out the Synthetic fibers” plus I have been drawn to Muhle for some odd reason and needed a good travel brush. I really loved the brush and have just received 3 more (two were gifts) brushes. The one I bought and wanted first came today the Muhle 33K256 Silvertip Fibre which I cannot wait to try it but man is it soft!!

The other thing that I want to state is that the most understated improvement is THE SOAP!!! I also purchased a sample of Barrister & Mann and waited until my latest puck was done. I am only three shaves into my new set up (none with the new brush) and it is a night and day difference!!! Had no idea what I was missing. So to correct my first statement I started enjoying wet shaving a few days ago.

I know I need a lot of technique improvements since I had basically been rushing through my shaves. During the week I have actually started shaving at night to take my time and enjoy it!

Will have to say I have learned a lot and still have many many questions but this place is defiantly the right place to be.

Thanks B&B

TLDR version

New here - great place - just started enjoying my shaves and look for to meeting everyone! :lol:

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Welcome to the Club! B&M makes great soaps. They are thirsty and love a wet brush. Which one are you using?
I finished up the Lavanille sample. Fantastic, enjoyed the scent more once I started using it. Most likely because if the small sample size. Not sure which to use next. Russe?

I finished up the Lavanille sample. Fantastic, enjoyed the scent more once I started using it. Most likely because if the small sample size. Not sure which to use next. Russe?
Check their website they are now releasing soaps in their new Glissant base.

Thanks again everyone - Yeah SADS is bad

The reason I am bumping my own thread is because I was going to post in the B-S-T but could not...Hmmm

I have been here less then a month ( need 45 days) and feel like I have been here for awhile - so thank you all for making this place a good place to be and wow 100+ post, :blushing: I have a lot of nothing to say :lol:

Again great site!

Top Bottom