What's new

Marley Machine Works?

Has anyone else here ordered a custom handle from Marley Machine Works?

I randomly stumbled across Scott's work but couldn't find much feedback about him. His work looked great and after reading that he was a journeyman machinist, I decided to take a chance to see if he would make some custom handles(and a stand) for me. I couldn't be happier with that decision.

It all took about one business day. We agreed upon my specifications on Friday night(12th) and he finished them on Monday(15th) after sending quite a few progress pictures.

The handles are made of 316 stainless steel. They're 2 1/4" in length and 9/16" thick. The stand is aluminum.

Here is one of the progress pictures:
proxy.php

Here are the two handles and stand next to other diminutive options:
proxy.php

After purchasing a Merkur travel razor(and only using half of the handle), I realized I really liked a short handle for control. This, however, was a little too short and way too light to offer proper balance.
proxy.php

Next, I picked up a travel tech. The length of handle was a little better but it was too thin and far too lightweight as well:
proxy.php

After that, I was eyeballing the Maggard MRT and finally pulled the trigger once I saw 1Cal's Old Gard 60. The length was just about perfect and the stainless steel helped with the weight/balance.
proxy.php

Once the MRT confirmed my love for short handles, I contacted Scott and my 'Golems' were born:
proxy.php

But Golem, you only like small handles due to tiny baby hands... Not necessarily:
proxy.php

I've heard a lot of great things about this artisan. Those are beautiful handles, although I wouldn't like them because I like longer handles. I think it's great that he allows you to help with the design, specs, etc.

Does he also work with titanium?

I've heard a lot of great things about this artisan. Those are beautiful handles, although I wouldn't like them because I like longer handles. I think it's great that he allows you to help with the design, specs, etc.

Does he also work with titanium?
I completely understand. As always, YMMV. That's what's great about a custom handle, you can get almost any length/width combination that best suits your needs. He does aluminum, stainless steel, bronze, brass, and titanium. I may ask him about copper if I want something else made. I'm quite a fan of copper.

I completely understand. As always, YMMV. That's what's great about a custom handle, you can get almost any length/width combination that best suits your needs. He does aluminum, stainless steel, bronze, brass, and titanium. I may ask him about copper if I want something else made. I'm quite a fan of copper.
He does also make handles from copper. I am working with him on a custom order and he just let me know about copper and naval brass options.

He does also make handles from copper. I am working with him on a custom order and he just let me know about copper and naval brass options.
That's good to know, thank you. I hope you have a good experience getting yours made. I'd love to see a picture of it when it's done.. hint hint

Top Bottom