What's new

pinaud sr longevity

Just got this. Tried it 2x so far. So far iike the scent but disapointed with longevity (less than 1 hr).
I get about 3x longevity from Clubman and Tabac AS. Since SR is called an "aftershave cologne" and ive read on Basenotes its got good reviews on scent and longevity, Im surprised.
Anyone else get poor longevity from SR? Im still testing it, will try using more.

I usually have an all day effect with SR. In fact, I tone down my SR with Classic Vanilla and English Leather.

I get 8-10 hours from SR. I used to put it in a spray bottle and spray it on. It might last longer on clothing than it does on skin.

I get at least a few hours where the scent is noticeable. Traces of the scent linger throughout the day. I would say SR lasts longer than most aftershaves I use. Good stuff it is. Can't recommend it enough.

I can still smell a lingering scent after 8 or so hours. If I think of it after washing and drying my hands, I will lightly rub the damp paper towel over my face which seems to re-activate the smell slightly; enough that I can at least smell it again for a while.

I get 8-10 hours from SR. I used to put it in a spray bottle and spray it on. It might last longer on clothing than it does on skin.
Bingo! Get a little on chest and put tshirt on immediately. Lasts many hours for me that way. I never thought about spraying it on like cologne..... Good idea.

I would think that BOTH longevity and final scent would depend on the make up of any one individual. This is where YMMV really comes into play.
As a user of SR myself I find that the scent lasts about 4-6 hours.

So does Chuck Norris. I think he calls it Bootlegger's El Dorado.
Precisely! Bootleggers El Dorado was the only one of his mixes I had everything in my den already, so it was the first I mixed. It's one of my favorite scents and in regular use.

12+ hours for me with my normal application.
Be sure to apply with dry skin and hands, otherwise most AS don't last quite as long.

The scent does change a bit after an hour or so but still pretty strong.

I am just a moderate fan of the SR, not bad, just like other stuff better. Having said that, my wife loves it, really, really loves it, (wink wink, nod nod). When I do use it I get a full day out of the scent, even wake up the next morning and can detect a slight trace.

Im the OP. To clarify- whether I can detect a slight trace isn't of interest to me. I want excellent longevity and sillage, ie if I'm in a restuarant or cafe at 8pm or in a nightclub at 11pm, I want it to be smelled (mildly) and noticed 1 to 1.5 ft away by someone adjacent to me, if I appplied it to MY SKIN at 530pm. This is the sort of usage I want and expect, not from an AS but from a good (not cheap) edc or edt. There's reasons I was looking for this from SR. (1) I think Clubman AS has it or is close to it; (2) it's sold as AS/cologne; (3) people have touted its longevity. For me, it's a good AS but not a cologne. I got it hoping to use it as cologne, as I want a cologne scent like it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom