What's new

sorry guys, another hone ID thread. im bad at this.

so a friend sent me some pics of a stone he found in the wild, and im not so hot at ID'ing stones. i figured if anyone would know, you guys would.

so without further adieu...

side shot
$k1ObPH4.jpg
slurried
$E7zNTT9.jpg
sorry for another hone id thread, some of you probably enjoy this game. just dont want to clutter up the board to much w/ id's

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
Can't tell from those pics. First pic resembles a Schwede, but I don't think that's what it is.

Daylight pics would be well appreciated, also the backing would be good to see as a clear picture....
Try to clean away any old oil

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
The long narrow shape and stripes make me think Schwedenstein too, but can't tell without images. Most Schwedes were thin, but I have seen a rare image or two of thicker ones. If it is a Schwedenstein, it's a rare one if it is thick.

Cheers, Steve

Pattern reminds me of a old stone I sold on eBay like six years ago. Was maybe 5-6k grit. Pretty hard, glassy. Sold for a ridiculous amount. Buyer said it was a Cutlers Green. Take that for what it's worth. Was a pretty worthless stone in my opinion, to be honest.

it has been cleaned with a 200 grit diamond plate. the first pic is the slurry from that plate, the second photo is a picture of the side of the stone while it is wet. the other two photos are front/back pictures while dry. as for hardness it is not as hard as my thuri.

Top Bottom