What's new

Seiko PADI Turtle arrives.

Emptied the piggy bank and pulled the trigger, and took possession of my new watch Seiko PADI Turtle
Usually I buy Seiko 5 series watches but decided to take a step up. This is an automatic watch
so it's mechanical and winds itself with wrist movement. Not as accurate as quartz but either am I.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Nice!

I'm not familiar with "PADI" ... what's that stand for?

Professional Association of Diving Instructors I believe. They teach SCUBA. One of the many certifying organizations.

Hi Doc, PADI stands for Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
This is a special edition which means $30 more than a standard Seiko Turtle
or SRP series. What you get for the upcharge is blue sunburst dial and hands are
different colors also PADI stamp of approval.:lol:

Seiko divers are great; I wear my Black Monster more than any other watch I own. The turtle is a big step up from the 5 series...congratulations.

Excellent watch. I have never seen the PADI version in the wild. I suspect they are a bit rare which is always a good thing IMNSHO.

Excellent watch. I have never seen the PADI version in the wild. I suspect they are a bit rare which is always a good thing IMNSHO.

They were only released about a month back, I was gonna get a regular blue bezel turtle but dished out the extra
for this model. Gotta say the luminescence of this watch is beyond any I have owned, amazingly bright and long lasting
still bright after 8 hrs. Phenomenal. The watch is heavy, witch gives implied value, however I will be switching over to a
silicone band, I'm thinking possibly a blue one.

SWEET!!!!!

I just broke out another new Seiko 5 military a few days ago.

Now I have a new quest to follow

I HATE YOU $flaming.gif

Of all the people on B&B, you need to have one of these watches :lol:

I think it is ordained so....

I broke out my last Seiko 5 that had a stainless band to get the band off. The gold bar at the 6:00 fell off and jambed the second hand otherwise I would still be wearing that one.

It will go on the new 24 hour military 5 until I get a PADI :yesnod:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom