What's new

Interesting sight in the supermarket today.

Saw an interesting sight in the supermarket today while waiting for a prescription. While waiting, I wandered around the shaving section and saw Gillette DE razor blades being sold. They were named Gillette Platinum Plus. Don't know whether they are Gillette 7 O'Clocks, just repackaged or they are actually a separate type of blade they're selling. They are somewhat overpriced compared to what we buy online, but that's to be expected. They were charging $2.99 for a pack of 3 blades, but if your in desperate straits, they should work. Nice to see Gillette selling something other than those damn cartridges.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
It's nice to see that DE blades are being sold in a Supermarket. But...

I don't like that price of $2.99 for three blades.

It is such a coincidence that you posted this as I was in the grocery store last night and thought what the heck ill see if they carry any blades to add to my list of emergency needs locations. They had the same Gillette Platinum 3 pack of 3 blades each for $5.99 though. I have used the platinum and they are very good.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I bought these at a local Walgreens a few months ago. They really are a superior blade to anything else I've tried. I think they were $6.99 for three tucks of three blades. Too bad they are cost prohibitive.

I seen these at my local Walgreens but they were like $5-$6 I believe...that's over a $1 per blade compared to a lot of the blades we use on here that you can get 100 or so for $20 or less

Top Bottom