What's new

My New 24mm Whipped Dog High Mountain Badger Brush

Just got my new brush from Larry in the mail today. I'll update this with more on how it performs later tonight when I shave, but I wanted to go ahead and post a picture of it now. I can go ahead and say dealing with Larry was fantastic. Fast email response times and fast shipping.

proxy.php
(The brush is wet from the odor removal process)

Really pleased with mine, it works very much like my Simpson Commodore. Mine shed a trifle, then quit, and there was almost no "funk" to start with. Especially good at picking up hard soaps.

Really pleased with mine, it works very much like my Simpson Commodore. Mine shed a trifle, then quit, and there was almost no "funk" to start with. Especially good at picking up hard soaps.
The funk was barely noticeable, but Larry included a small bag of oxiclean with the brush, so I went ahead and followed the instructions he gives with his brushes. Just from holding and feeling the brush, I already can tell it's high-quality and light-years better than my VDH starter brush. I can't wait to get home tonight and give a whirl.

So I just shaved with the brush for the first time, and it was amazing. It took a couple of attempts to get good lather, but that's mostly because of how different(better) this brush is compared to my VDH one. Somehow, the new brush manages to have significantly more backbone while also being softer on my face. This is the first time I thoroughly enjoyed lathering. For anyone looking for a high quality brush at an affordable price, I can't recommend Whipped Dog enough.

@mjrinehart27 can you please take another photo you holding a brush in your hand, because so I can get an idea of the size as I've already got 4 WD and I'm planning to get another WD 24/50mm HMB as the same handle showing above thank you.

2 Silvertip and 2 HMB showing each below
proxy.php

@mjrinehart27 can you please take another photo you holding a brush in your hand, because so I can get an idea of the size as I've already got 4 WD and I'm planning to get another WD 24/50mm HMB as the same handle showing above thank you.

2 Silvertip and 2 HMB showing each below
proxy.php
As requested, one in my hand, and I added one with the brush next to nivea aftershave balm and Thayer's witch hazel to give another size comparison.
proxy.php

proxy.php

@mjrinehart27 thank you very much that really helps a lot, and I'm placing another order with Larry for 2 more WD 24/50mm HMB with the same handle showing above right now [emoji106]
Larry really is a pleasure to deal with. I don't get that level of personal customer service from B&M stores, much less from an online retailer. He's definitely made a lifelong customer out of me. Wherever my budget allows me to start experimenting with different brushes, the majority of them will probably be WD brushes.

Larry really is a pleasure to deal with. I don't get that level of personal customer service from B&M stores, much less from an online retailer. He's definitely made a lifelong customer out of me. Wherever my budget allows me to start experimenting with different brushes, the majority of them will probably be WD brushes.

As Larry said to me before IF you have any issue with you're WD send him an email and he always on standby to look after their customers, even if you need another brush of you're choice either face or bowl lathering or both in one brush.

can you compare the WD to VDH badger or boar? i have both VDH, and want to get a picture of the back bone and softness

can you compare the WD to VDH badger or boar? i have both VDH, and want to get a picture of the back bone and softness
I'd be glad to. I'll do a comparison of the two tomorrow night when I shave again. The VDH brush I have is the badger one that comes in the VDH luxury shave set.

Just got my new brush from Larry in the mail today. I'll update this with more on how it performs later tonight when I shave, but I wanted to go ahead and post a picture of it now. I can go ahead and say dealing with Larry was fantastic. Fast email response times and fast shipping.

proxy.php
(The brush is wet from the odor removal process)

Nice!

I have his 24mm Synthetic and it's a terrific brush.
I also have an Omega 20106 which is perfect for the OS mugs and the deep soup bowls I have but it's boar and irritates my skin.
My next brush will be a Synthetic clone of the 20106 made by Larry.
At which time, all my Boars will be PIFed and I'll never ever need to buy another brush. :laugh:

Top Bottom