What's new

Found in wild. Williams mug. Or.

Real or new. Was $3. Had to take the chance. Never tried vintage Williams $image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg$image.jpg

Sorry, but that looks new. The easiest way to tell is check the ingredients Tallow (Sodium Tallowate) should be first.

Yea, but at least you know what to look for next time. I've learned more expensive lessons at antique shops than that. The key is to learn and keep buying and find enough good deals to out way the bad. :thumbup1:

Kinda feels wrong the way it was in an antique store like that. Very disappointing. I guess i should have researched before buying, but it was a "now or never" type of moment (had the todler:). Again, an inexpensive lesson as one person above said, so in that respect I will consider myself lucky.

The only other vintage Williams encounter was at a cracker barel restaurant on display. I tried to buy it, but the manager said they were not allowed to sell their display items (pee headquarters)

You just paid 3 bucks for a 1 buck soap.

Oh well.

yeah. I'm aware. The blades were from a different place. I'm annoyed that antique store passed modern off as vintage. I've said that a few times. My fault for allowing myself to be taken advantage of like that

I think that is a vintage formula. Modern Williams has 'Mug' in white bubble letters and doesn't have the circle for a price tag next to the bar-code. Good score for $3.

Yeah it's been awhile since I've had a modern Williams box around, but I thought they did away with the circle for the price tag quite awhile ago.

That said, you'll see modern Williams passed off constantly as an antique. Nothing like seeing yet another eBay Yardley shaving soap bowl "With soap inside", where if you scan to the last pic, it's loaded with a new puck of Williams.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
I've seen empty current Coleman's mustard tins priced more than the new tins with mustard in them at the supermarket. They're the exact same tin.

Cheers, Steve

Top Bottom