What's new

I finally did it.I used a Feather Blade

After a year of shaving with a 33C, 34C, and eventually moving to Slant Razors (37C), I have finally used a Feather Blade. Lately I have been shaving with a Persona Platinum, which I love, but wanted to try out the feared Feather. I wouldn't say I was disappointed, but my first shave with it wasn't as good as I get with the Persona. However, it could be that I was ever so lightly touching my face as I feared getting a nick or weeper, as so many have said. My 2nd shave I will use it as I do the Persona blades and see how that goes.

I will say that I don't think it lives up to the fearsome hype that it gets. Great blade, but I can compare it to a Persona in sharpness. I'll let you know how my 2nd shave goes.

Don't Fear the Feather:thumbup:its a good sharp blade and maybe a little sharper than most.I wont pay the extra price for them but i've been gifted a few.I like my astra SP's just as well

A lot of the differences folks discover, I believe, can be due to the different razors in combination with Feather. That said, I find few which don't compliment their benefit once you have some experience applying the combination. Congrats! And ya, I like Personas too, I have the blues, but there are some differences.
/edit: Astra SP's are great too - quite smooth for me.

I use Feather blades in my 34C, 37C, and Futur - I just find that Feathers work very well in Merkur razors. There's no need to fear them, in fact I find the ease with which they go through hair makes them less likely to cut, not more, as I can just let the razor do the work.

The trick with Feathers are to 1) respect them; and 2) find the right combination of razor and blade. The Feather does not work well with every razor. I have found pairing it with my Gillette 48-50 Superspeed and Merkur 34C gives the best results.

Of course, YMMV.

Feathers are just another good sharp blade. It doesn't matter which blade you use, if you become careless they will cut you all the same. I have found GSB's to be just as sharp but much smoother. YMMV

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
The difference between Feathers and many pretty blades is fairly simple. Where poor technique with many blades will result in a rough or inefficient shave, a Feather will cut you.

Congratulations on a great shave with a great blade.

I've got a few feathers, but they're no longer in my regular rotation. Lots of great blades out there most of them cheaper than Feather.

Good man! Feathers are excellent blades, simply a bit too sharp for my taste! Definitely worth a try!

I used one on a whim today in my Rockwell 6S (#2 Plate). Performed quite well. Not as smooth as a GSB but didn't irritate to any significant extent. 3 pass shave BBS.

Glad you had a good shave. My face never takes a Feather without multiple cuts. I am a Derby fan, for sure. Cheap and awesome!

I feared feathers until I used one. I've now used them in several razors and each time gotten a really comfortable, close shave.

the only time I'm little careful with Feather on the 1st shave only is when I pair it with Merkur Futur #6, Fatip Grance, Rockwell #6, but with other razors I treat it just like any other blade, its just a tad bit sharper than the Astra, GSB,Nacet,Voshkod etc... Wanna try a real sharp blade? just get ur self MMOC and pair it with Personna GEM PTFE and you will then see what is the real meaning of sharp blade.

Top Bottom