What's new

Speicktember 2016!

I've got a tube of Speick cream, and their aftershave, so I'll be dipping into the Speick pool come September. I'm still in the midst of my personal Grapefruit Mania, so I can't devote all my shaves to Speick.

Well, I just ordered 3 new tubes of Sceick cream, and a bottle of aftershave, so count me in for Speicktober. Just in time, as I go on restraint (really needed) Oct. 1. I've never used one product for every shave; this will be interesting.I wonder if I'll grow tired of it?

Well, I just ordered 3 new tubes of Sceick cream, and a bottle of aftershave, so count me in for Speicktober. Just in time, as I go on restraint (really needed) Oct. 1. I've never used one product for every shave; this will be interesting.I wonder if I'll grow tired of it?

I don't. 3017ing a soap is the way to go. :thumbup:

I'm sure that everyone here will agree that Speick AS, Shaving Stick and Shaving Cream are all fantastic kit and good value. Does anyone who has tried both the original shaving stick and the newer "Active" tub soap have any thoughts to share? I picked up a tub last week on a whim and will wait until my current soap is finished before trying it...

I shave every day and I've become a 3017er. I'm late to the game, because I didn't let myself switch to Speick until my puck of Harris died... So I've only been using Speick since the 13th. It's my first time with it. When I opened it, the scent was a bit overpowering (and not altogether pleasant to my nose). I thought "Oh. People must be able to get past this." It has grown on me, and now I actually sneak up to the bathroom sometimes just to take a sniff. Go figure. Any behaviorists in the group might think it's the result of pairing that scent with a consistently high-quality lather and shave. Amazing performer.

--Lee

Had high hopes. Speick soap stick and aftershave splash. Felt GREAT but the wife really disliked the scent... and I can't blame her.

Is it the soap or the AS that lingers for 12+ hours?

Non-Speick today and now my face longs for the Speick...

Thank you - you just saved me from deciding I wanted to get this now before my GRU starts. Let's face it though - Speick is not going anywhere I can afford to wait.

But my wife also complains if any scent that lingers so long. She is generally scent averse it's probably the AS though. I usually slap AS on after I've left the house so she doesn't have to smell it all day.

Last edited:
I am making today a Speick stick and splash day.

I was reminded again how good both these products are.
The soap: talk about cushion. I love it when after you rinse the razor, you still see little solid islands of lather in the sink.
The splash: I know not everyone digs the scent, but I sure do.

Thank you - you just saved me from deciding I wanted to get this now before my GRU starts. Let's face it though - Speick is not going anywhere I can afford to wait.

But my wife also complains if any scent that lingers so long. She is generally scent averse it's probably the AS though. I usually slap AS on after I've left the house so she doesn't have to smell it all day.

Tried the Speick AS again today, but using proraso cream instead of the speick soap. The Speick AS did not linger at all today, and my wife couldn't smell it after 15 minutes or so.

...so you'll have to buy the splash now :)

Razor: Muhle r41
Blade: perma sharp (2)
Soap/cream: Speick
Brush: 22 mm Maggards Black Synthetic
Aftershave1: Thayer's witch hazel cucumber
Aftershave2: Speick

Another great shave, and we are in our last week of Speicktember.

Top Bottom