What's new

Sandalwood creams

Anyone else just simply love sandalwood creams?? TOBS and Truefit....just amazing

One of my favourite scents!

Last edited:
Not keen on Sandalwood, but I know the Castle Forbes Sandalwood is popular, and seeing as the base is the same for all their creams I can highly recommend it for its performance alone.

My first cream ever was Proraso Red (Sandalwood) on May 22.
$ProrasoRedShavingCreamX2.jpg :001_wub:
I love everything about it! I've used nothing but, since then. And I've just had my three months of Proraso Red cream celebration shave this evening.

I'm a bit of a shaving minimalist... but I do have the next tube ready: :wink2:
$ProrasoRedTubeSoapNEW.jpg :001_wub:

I'm a big fan of Art of Shaving sandalwood. Yes, it's expensive, but I find I can just barely dip the tips of my brush, and get plenty of lather for my 2P&touchup. Intoxicating scent.

Not keen on Sandalwood, but I know the Castle Forbes Sandalwood is popular, and seeing as the base is the same for all their creams I can highly recommend it for its performance alone.

To my nose, Castle Forbes is straight up cedar wood. It's been a while since I have smelled it, but I had trouble picking out the sandalwood notes, since the cedar is so dominant.

My favorite sandalwood cream (Scentwise, anyway) would be Edwin Jagger. Edwin Jagger sent me a complementary sample of it, with my replacement razor parts, and I fell in love with it. It's nice and sweet.

Im in love with Truefit & hill sandalwood and Geo F trumpers. Both were samples and thinking of buying a tub of each. However, i bought a tube of ingrams yesterday for £1.70....and found it to be one of the nicest creams i have ever used.

T&H Sandalwood has more of a cologne scent that is very pleasant.

Proraso Red smells amazing to me. It's a very nice product at an affordable price.

Have never found a sandalwood cream that I didn't like!
Having said, best of them all, IMO, is Art of Shaving, real, deep sandalwood scent.
Followed by Truefitt & Hill, then Castle Forbes, then Coates, then Proraso.
Also great are TOBS, Sultan, St James.
But, do you own exploration! Enjoy!

$aos sandalwood dec 27 2013.jpg

I picked up a tube of T&H Sandalwood at their store in London last week. They were kind enough to let me experience all of the scents and Sandalwood was my favorite. I have since shaved twice with it and really like it. This was my first experience with T&H and I'll likely go back for more next month.

I picked up a tube of T&H Sandalwood at their store in London last week. They were kind enough to let me experience all of the scents and Sandalwood was my favorite. I have since shaved twice with it and really like it. This was my first experience with T&H and I'll likely go back for more next month.

Super jealous right now. Wish I lived that close to T&H. Went there once.....wife made me leave after about 3 minutes. Could have stayed there all day.

Top Bottom