What's new

Tried Ivory soap today

When I first started DE shaving, I tried this and it seemed to work out. Well many years later, I tried it today out of boredom, grated a bar and pushed it into a glass 1 cup bowl. Well it didnt work out too good. Lather was flat and airy, and didnt take water too well. Even tried adding a little coconut oil. No slickness at all. I lathered my face, and knew it was a bad idea, and rinsed off and started over with TOBS almond creme, I was done playing with soaps for the day.

Last edited:
This is gonna sound weird, but try Brut soap you get at the Dollar Tree. It lathers like a shaving soap, no kidding.

Used it to clean out a brush and BAM...gobs of slick lather. Complete happy accident.

Whats wierd is that I was just at the dollar tree today. I just tried the Ivory for something to do, maybe I'll try the Brute when I get there again. I have alot of good soaps and my top 3 are Tabac, Arko, and my Cella from kilo brick.
This is gonna sound weird, but try Brut soap you get at the Dollar Tree. It lathers like a shaving soap, no kidding.

Used it to clean out a brush and BAM...gobs of slick lather. Complete happy accident.

I saw those when I was there. As I passed them I wondered about it. Are you talking about the clear glycerin ones, or was that Pear's?

It was blue. It was Brut in Revolution scent, in fact. They were 2 for a dollar. Great bath soap, too. Tallow is listed in the ingredients list, though. They were packaged in 2 little white boxes taped together.

I saw those when I was there. As I passed them I wondered about it. Are you talking about the clear glycerin ones, or was that Pear's?
Pears is the clear ones I am going to try that next lol. Yardly there is a almond scent and a lavender

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
I've dry shaved in the past, as well as used just water. If I can't get real shave soap, then I'll take normal soap over dry or water-only, any day of the week.

What circumstances forced you to dry shave [MENTION=34037]rockviper[/MENTION] ? I've never actually heard of anyone doing that and I've only seen it done in a movie Once. You're hardcore Rock!

Last edited by a moderator:
You want Ivory soap that you can shave with, try Arko!

Arko is my go to soap now. I just tried Ivory out of curiosity. I'm waiting for my arko order to get here, takes a while from Turkey. I shaved with Cella today, and I think Arko definately edges it out.

I use the Pear soap in the shower. Great for the skin. And i have some shave soap that looks just the same but i havent tried the shave with the pears. I love both but havent switchex them up. Guessing they are about the same but dont know for sure.

I don't see the point of using Ivory soap to shave with today. Its not the 1930's depression and I don't even wash my hands or bathe with it.

Top Bottom