What's new

Pasteur Pharmacy - NYC

So on the recommendation of several of you here, I finally walked over to Pasteur Pharmacy on West 34th Street, near the Empire State Building,
proxy.php

It was worth the trip.

proxy.php

The right side of this aisle down to about where the lady is standing is packed floor to ceiling with shaving supplies. About half of the other side is, too.

proxy.php

This is part of the wall of razors (Edwin Jagger, Merkur, iKon, ATT and others) and brushes (Simpson, Omega and others). There are also Dobo Solingen straights and others.

proxy.php

The separate wall of Omega brushes, and about 1/5 of the blade selection. I saw every blade I'd ever heard of, including the Kai and Feather AC single edges, Voshkods, Rapiras, Sharks, and more common injectors and DEs.

In terms of soaps and pre- and post-shave product, well, just about every brand and flavor I've seen or heard tell of around this site was wedged into this place, except Floid and Cold River Soapworks (but I might just not have seen them). Prices seemed in line with online pricing (and I don't have to pay shipping . . . well, just the subway . . . but no waiting).

I forsee a butt-ton of money disappearing into this lovely spot . . .

Yours faithfully,

----------
Spike

Attachments

• $PAST_2.jpg
    $PAST_2.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 249
was there about a month ago. spent too much, but it was fun. I don't know how frequently i can get there since I live in the midwest, but being able to smell stuff, hold it in my hand, plus the prices are not inflated.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Just make sure you don't fall into the trap door in the shaving area, which they occasionally leave open.

So on the recommendation of several of you here, I finally walked over to Pasteur Pharmacy on West 34th Street, near the Empire State Building,

​Pasteur Pharmacy is on East 34th Street, between Park Avenue South and Madison. In Manhattan the East Side and the West Side are divided by 5th Avenue

It's amazing what he's able to pack into one aisle. Remember the old joke? That place is so small, you have to walk outside just to change your mind! For a store that's less than half the size of an average CVS, he has quite an inventory. I heard he has alot of cool imported toothpastes, too.

​Pasteur Pharmacy is on East 34th Street, between Park Avenue South and Madison. In Manhattan the East Side and the West Side are divided by 5th Avenue

Even those of us who've lived here 30 years get city-side dyslexia now and again. Truth be told, I rarely cross to the east side of Fifth.

----------
Spike

Even those of us who've lived here 30 years get city-side dyslexia now and again. Truth be told, I rarely cross to the east side of Fifth.

I've lived in NYC my entire life and when I walk out of a train station in Manhattan, there's about a 75% chance I'll first walk in the wrong direction where avenues are concerned. I have to check the store addresses as I'm walking to see if they're going up or down to know if I'm headed in the right direction.

Just make sure you don't fall into the trap door in the shaving area, which they occasionally leave open.

+1. Almost fell down that trap a few times while gawking at the brushes & DEs.

And I concur - Floid is near the floor at the entrance end of the aisle- lower right of the last photo.

Thanks, you masters of the supply side! Went back this past Friday and got my giant bottle of Floid Vigoroso ( I have Menthol Acquisition Disorder, or, according to the significant other, have simply gone MAD).

----------
Spike

$image.jpg

Picked up some Pasteur Pharmacy Alchemy soap and aftershave recently. I'm eally enjoying using these products made my TTFFCraft!

Last edited:
Top Bottom