What's new

NIB Surrey For Men Natural Boar Brush

Picked this up today at County Fair "Junk Refunk" market for $1.43 above the original price.
Does anyone know about this brand?

$image.jpg

Nice score. Surreys are decent, serviceable workaday brushes. Work just fine, but nothing special in terms of hair quality.

Surrey was taken over by Van Der Hagen. The current VDH drug store brushes are the same thing but with either white or green handles. I used those brushes for decades and they work well enough but I've moved on to mostly Badger.

My first brush. Actually turned into a decent brush when broken in. I bought 2 VDH brushes about 3 years later, and both were shedders. After my wife bought me an EJ Best Badger, I didn't go back.

I used Surrey brushes for a long time. From the 90s until around 2006. I think by then they were VDH.

I used a boar brush and whatever mug soap or glycerine if I was lucky that the drugstore had.

Use it. In a month or so it will soften up and be a good brush for several years. Until it explodes suddenly mid lather when you don't have time to mess around and you're running late and now you have loose boar bristles all over the place. :lol:

Until then it's cool. Keep a can a Barbasol on hand just in case...

Top Bottom