What's new

SEptember 2016

I'd like to commit, but my straights would get lonely. I'm in for 1-2 shaves per week. Likely with Speick so I can fulfill my Speicktember obligations at the same time.

Count me in. I already put together my weekly rotation and included the Gillette Guard with my Injector rotation day. Would be a good way to use up the two packs of Gem carbon steel blades I have.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
I'd like to commit, but my straights would get lonely. I'm in for 1-2 shaves per week. Likely with Speick so I can fulfill my Speicktember obligations at the same time.

Well, according to the broad definition, a straight has a single edge.

Just a thought, maybe to focus the month's events the sponsor could pick one of the multiple "single edge" formats .. GEM style, Injector, Modern Shavette, Straight, Rolls, Cristy, disposable modern ..

But I'll hang around irregardless, just won't be using the last-mentioned.

I don't want to restrict people from participating. So if it's a single edge it's good.
How about the main rule is take a pic of your SE.

I have an Ever-Ready 1924 and a Schick injector neither of which is getting a lot of love since my Old Type arrived, so I'm in and looking forward to 30 days of SE shaving. I promise to take photos over the weekend :)

I spent some time yesterday cleaning up some of my latest acquisitions. I have several more to clean, but once they are done I should be able to use a different razor every day, although there will be some overlap in models and types. I will be using Injectors, GEMs, and Ever-Readys.

I think for my first shave I will use my Mongoose razor with the Weber Wave handle and my Chubby 2 synthetic brush. So I can also cover "Speicktember" in another thread, I will use my Speick stick and Speick A/S.
Then I will use some of my vintage razors like my ER-1914 which I love.

View attachment 683844

I think we have a good amount of participants 👌
I've got planned a mix of vintage and modern razors.

I'm hoping some of us will take pics of their Rolls type razors

The 1924 resting in anticipation of a big month ahead.

Attachments

• $1924 001.jpg
    $1924 001.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 71

kelbro

Alfred Spatchcock
Took my Shovelhead for a warmup lap this morning. Just to be sure that it's race-ready :001_cool:.

Okay, got my starting lineup all ready for the game. Gillette Guard is sitting on the bench ready to sub if need to. Got one more definite Kampfe Lather Catcher coming in next week with two wedge blades and will probably suit up before the end of SEptember. Might have a Feather AC razor before the end if I decide which one to get.

$DSC01114.jpg

I am ready to rumble!

They need to be cleaned up a bit, but I'm gonna start with my two Gem Lather Catchers. Then I'll go down the GEM line in order. The GEM Damaskeen, GEM 1912, GEM OCMM, GEM Clug Pruf, GEM Bullet tip/Flying wing, GEM G-Bar, GEM Featherweight, GEM Push button, GEM Contour, and then the Contour II. I think I have the order right.

$20160826_133600 (1).jpg

Top Bottom