What's new

*NOW CLOSED* PIF: Taconic Tequila Lime shaving cream (Lets get back to school)

​I have a jar of Taconic Tequila Lime shaving cream that I am PIFing to a good home.

Requirements: Simple. All I ask is that you have never tried this before. Also you should have between one and three million post. So simply reply with "I'm in" and tell us all of a fond memory of your K-12 years.

Since school around here starts on the 30th, I will leave this open until then. I will choose a post via random number generator then PM the winner.

This PIF is open to CONUS only.

Attachments

• $Taconic.jpg
    $Taconic.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 211
Last edited by a moderator:
I'm definitely in. I've never tried this shaving cream, but from the occasional online mention of it which I've come across, it sounds like not just a very good shaving cream, but an especially good one for the sort of hot, humid weather Baltimore endures this time of year.

A fond memory of my K-12 years? That takes in an awful lot of ground. I think I'll offer the time my friend Larry and I conned our 5th grade substitute Language Arts teacher into letting us miss class for 6 weeks so we could "research" the extensive collection of Batman comics someone had donated to our elementary school library. (In retrospect, I'm amazed at the donation. Back in the early 1970s, comics were not typically seen as "library-worthy" material. That someone would donate the comics is quite odd, but that they'd be accepted by the school librarian is truly extraordinary. Makes me wonder if I won't go on to invent a time machine one of these days, and use it to go back to 1973, and donate a bunch of comics to the library, and pay off the librarian to accept them. Thus closing the temporal loop. But I both digress, and likely read too much science fiction.)

Even now, I can clearly recall reading about Batman vs. Man-Bat, while the rest of the class did exercises on identifying the schwa sound, or worked to reach the yellow level of SRA Reading Cards, or somesuch. (Gimme a break. We were 10 years old, and 7 years later both Larry and I got A's in A.P. English and aced our SAT Verbals. And I can, in fact, identify the schwa, although I've seldom found great real world need for this skill. 'Course, neither am I called upon all that frequently to discuss the origins of Man-Bat. You'd think a display of my Batman knowledge would really impress on a first date, but you'd be mistaken.)

Upon her return, our regular Language Arts teacher was not amused by our independent study project, but as the sub had signed off on it there was little that could do to us in punishment for our having basically blown off a month and a half of class. Although I don't recall that substitute teacher ever showing up at our school again...

Never tried it, I'm in. Someone mentioned taking the bus to grandma's house. Man, that brings back memories. However, I'm going with my 10th grade English teacher. She stayed after school to let me give my speech to only her. Otherwise I was talking a zero on the project because I wouldn't speak in front of the class.

I'm in and thanks for the great PIF! This is a cool chance to see another side of our many great member! My fondest K-12 memories are chlorine-scented. I was a diver and pretty much lived at the pool. Between this and the Olympics, I'm feeling the urge to get back in the pool.

I'm in !
Never had the pleasure of meeting this one yet.
I have more than one post and less than 3 million.
Come on RNG!

Thanks for the opportunity.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
I'm in.

Fond memory : We didn't have drug problems. And the world had many fewer problems. But...

The USA versus USSR was a giant problem: We might have a nuclear war!

Im in. It sounds different from what ive read about it.
I remember all the girls in high school doing anything they could to get there pants tighter fitting. Hearing storys of them laying on a bed and using a coat hanger in the zipper to work the zipper up because they couldnt get them zipped standing. Pants fit like a second skin. And my hormones really liked it.
:thumbup:

I'm in and thanks for your generosity. Haven't tried this one yet.

Favorite memory? When I turned 16 and got my first car. It was a 1952 Studebaker Champion. This was a long time ago folks but even then the car was OLD. But I sure felt like a big shot driving it to school 'cuz not many kids had their own cars at that time where I lived. And the darn thing was even a chick magnet cuz it was so unusual. Ah, live was good at 16.

Is it only conus?
I am a european shaver...
I am in...
I remember good friends and our bikes riding around the city...

Top Bottom