What's new

Arko Shave Anticipation!

Mmmm... That sweet Arko smell, love it!

Performance is outstanding as well, for less than a dollar a stick how can you beat that?!?

I get that some people can't handle certain scents, but the widespread hate leaves me a little bemused. It smells like traditional bar soap, what's the big deal?

I've never had any soap that needed "airing out" before I used it. Not even Tabac. If anything, its better to dive right in and enjoy it. The scent will mellow out faster if you just get it wet and start using it.

But the scent of Arko is one of the great joys of wet-shaving. Its as close as I've found to that aroma of "Traditional Barbershop Scent" that all of us talk about but nobody can define.

Earlier this year, I upgraded from the stick and got the Arko puck from Amazon. There's no going back. The puck is much easier to load the brush, and the screw on cap keeps it nice and tidy in between shaves. Although the puck is expensive, at $9.95 for 90 grams, when it runs out, I will get the dozen-pack of sticks and grate them to refill the bowl. I just hope the container holds up that long, since it is made from rather thin plastic.

Interesting. I just take about three sticks of Arko and smash them down into a plastic tub that used to hold St. Ives Apricot Scrub. I never minded rubbing an Arko stick on my face, but I never bothered to pick up one of those stick holders. I see no reason to grate Arko. It is soft enough that it can be molded into shape with a little force.

$IMG_1846.jpg
Yeah Arko and Ivory! Though I am not doing so but if this was the only two soaps I`m only allowed to use then I`d be very satisfied. Please note I zip lock these soaps to keep in the goodness!

I use Ivory as a shaving stick and it is a nice shaving soap. I particularly enjoy using Ivory when I want to travel light and not carry to many things so not only is it good as a shaving soap I can wash my hair and of course bath with it was well.

I use Ivory as a shaving stick and it is a nice shaving soap. I particularly enjoy using Ivory when I want to travel light and not carry to many things so not only is it good as a shaving soap I can wash my hair and of course bath with it was well.

In a travel mode, I would rather have a stick or two of Arko and have it do double duty as a bath/shower/face/hand/shampoo soap.

It is what it is, and that is very divisive. Some love people it others abhor it. Inexpensive enough to determine for yourself where you fall, if you love it you've found a cheap finely functioning product, if you hate it you've spent next to nothing to find that out and could easily pass it on.

dave

I love the smell of Arko in the morning! It smells like... OH MY GOD WHAT IS THAT!?!?!:lol::lol::lol:

Just kidding. I really like the Arko smell, personally.

That smell let's me know that I'm going to experience a wonderful protective, slick lather and am on my way to a BBS shave.

View attachment 682494
Yeah Arko and Ivory! Though I am not doing so but if this was the only two soaps I`m only allowed to use then I`d be very satisfied. Please note I zip lock these soaps to keep in the goodness!

I bow before you, and your Arko stockpile, Radium. That is an awesome sight, simply awesome.

Really? Dad is that you? Just kidding ....but do you really get decent shaving lather from dove?!?!

Does Arko smell that bad?
Many compare it to citronella. Sad to say that on a recent camping trip I discovered that Arko did not repel mosquitoes during my shave, though after applying Arctic Blue aftershave they seemed to stay away. Note to self; Do not swat at mosquitoes with a straight in your hand.

In my 5 years of wet shaving, I've heard so much about Arko, in both it's great performance, but also its polarizing scent. I have to say after my bad experience with Tabac (couldn't stand the scent) I'm afraid to try it, yet posts like these have me close to pushing that PURCHASE button.

In my 5 years of wet shaving, I've heard so much about Arko, in both it's great performance, but also its polarizing scent. I have to say after my bad experience with Tabac (couldn't stand the scent) I'm afraid to try it, yet posts like these have me close to pushing that PURCHASE button.

Even though it induces my gag reflex and unusable, it's cheap enough to warrant a sniff and come to your own conclusion without buyers remorse at wasting funds.

I can live with Tabac, no such involuntary reaction to it's scent. Tabac's is something i only use periodically, it does seem to have a sort of nostalgic ring to it, of what i can't pinpoint.

dave

For the life of me, I can't understand why Arko and Tabac don't offer different scents. At least offer an unscented version. They'd probably double their sales in six months.

Top Bottom