What's new

MWF Bath Soap: Not For Me

Mitchell's Wool Fat Shave Soap is my "go-to" shave soap. I like the feel of it on my face and its scent.

So I ordered a couple of bars of MWF bath soap to sample.

Awful! The scent was of cheap perfume. I threw the soap away without getting it wet.

What are your experiences with MWF bath soap ?

Yes I have tried it and did the same, not only does it smell bad it also left my skin very greasy afterwards. I have tried quite a few soaps that have ended up in the bin after the first try. Many of them being reputed as good though I now shop with caution and let it be a lesson to me.

YMMV here. I adore it and have used it exclusively for the last two years. In the winter I'm especially grateful for what it does to my skin and doesn't leave me dry and itchy like other soaps.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I quite like it, as well. I was disappointed in the scent, but it's grown on me, and my skin and hair feel great when I use it.

I tend to rotate soaps, but MWF bath will stay in the rotation.

I like the size and shape of the bars. I also don't get itchy skin when I use the soap during the winter months.

I found it neither fish nor fowl. Okay but not superb. Scent was...whatever. Performance is always key for me with bathing soaps and scent secondary. It is just okay for me and nowhere near worth the prices it brings in the States.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
My opinion is that it's an excellent soap with great moisturizing properties. I love the scent and the silky soft feel left on the skin.

:thumbup: from me and my crew. A favorite around my house during winter. Just smells like hotel soap to me. Nothing offensive whatsoever but scent is incredibly YMMV.

My wife and I plow through soap like mad. We often take 2 showers a day each. A normal bar of soap lasts a week at most. MWF bar lasts 2-3 so that's pretty good.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I just started on a new bar, and it has been a while since finishing the last. Looking at my first remark in this thread, I was a little surprised at how comforting I found the scent. I've only used it for a couple of years, on and off, but it really is nice.

Anyone tried just using a puck of the Mitchell's shaving soap as a bath soap instead? Wonder if it'll be suitable?

I did that once. It was very good, but it makes for a mighty pricy bath soap.

I bought some MWF shaving soap and didn't like it for that application. So I put it in the shower, and it's been terrific as a shower soap. But as [MENTION=92373]TexLaw[/MENTION] says, it's pretty spendy shower soap, so I won't buy another puck when this one runs out.

Mitchell's Wool Fat bath soap is a favorite in our house. It has a nice, light smell, provides lathers easily and is moisturizing.

I like using it and how my skin feels after, but the smell is not my cup of tea. It smells exactly like the cleaning solution I use in my carpet steamer... I've started calling it Bissell's Wool Fat.

I like it, but agree to an extent on the scent. Does wonders for my skin though, and it lasts a hell of a long time.

Top Bottom