What's new

Tacos!

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Flat crisp fried corn tortilla, beans, salad (meat optional).

It is called a tostada or for some a "bean taco"

proxy.php

Well, beans on a tostada is another matter.

Beans on a tostada are great! :w00t:

Intrigued

Don't tell the Mods, but I actually like tostadas better than tacos. :blink:

You can put more on them than you can a taco. :yesnod:

It's like they're little plates, that you get to eat right along with all the good stuff you can pile on them. :thumbup:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Only in the classy part of town View attachment 683441

Around these parts it is a tostada View attachment 683442

"Chalupa" in Texas and further South....wiki is wrong.

Don't tell the Mods, but I actually like tostadas better than tacos. :blink:

You can put more on them than you can a taco. :yesnod:

It's like they're little plates, that you get to eat right along with all the good stuff you can pile on them. :thumbup:

The Chalupa is a cross between a nacho and a taco.

....a taco is easier to eat if you tilt your head just right. The chalupa can be eaten with your head straight...but it crumbles and drops on to your lap.

Intrigued

"Chalupa" in Texas and further South....wiki is wrong.

The Chalupa is a cross between a nacho and a taco.

....a taco is easier to eat if you tilt your head just right. The chalupa can be eaten with your head straight...but it crumbles and drops on to your lap.

You can't put as much "stuff" in a taco and I really like them better with a crispy shell.... which breaks in half as soon as I take the first bite... and drops on my lap. :sad:

I have better luck with the tostadas.

...and you're still wrong about the chalupa. :glare: The wiki for the win. :thumbup:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/chalupa

http://www.dictionary.com/browse/chalupa

http://www.dallasobserver.com/restaurants/on-the-range-chalupas-7030015

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
You can't put as much "stuff" in a taco and I really like them better with a crispy shell.... which breaks in half as soon as I take the first bite... and drops on my lap. :sad:

Have you ever tried the double-decker taco? It's easy to do and keeps your crispy taco shell from ending up in your shoes.

Skip ahead to about 4:20 for the assembly.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why burritos are superior

SWMBO only lets me make buretos (had the last of the filling I made up last week for dinner last night).

No tacos
No enchiladas
No tostadas
No tamales
No refried beans with egg (man that is the worst to lose)

Only burritos. That is her favorite and that is all that works.

Same goes for Thai.... Only red curry, no pad thai, no lad na, no pad woon sen, no satay, no yellow or green curry, nada.... only red curry..... BUT.... Chicken, pork, shrimp, fish, or beef is fine in it, but only red curry coconut milk over rice,,, BUT the rice can be long, short, sushi or even sticky....

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
How about a breakfast taco? I made a pot of pinto beans yesterday. I included a bunch of hatch chili that I roasted. Made a little refried beans to go in the taco....turned out pretty tasty.

$IMG_2304[1].jpg$IMG_2305[1].jpg

Intrigued

Have you ever tried the double-decker taco? It's easy to do and keeps your crispy taco shell from ending up in your shoes.

Skip ahead to about 4:20 for the assembly.

For me, the doughy outside layer interferes with the crispy crunch of the corn shell. :sad:

Confession time- I like the double decker tacos at Taco Bell. I feel so dirty now.

These are my favorite for a guilty treat. :lol:

proxy.php

Last edited by a moderator:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
These are my favorite for a guilty treat. :lol:

We all need a few guilty pleasures. I like Tombstone pepperoni pizzas. I put onions on them and when they are a few minutes from being done, I pull it out and put grated sharp cheddar on top, then pop it back in. Don't get me wrong, I love a good pizza, but I sometimes like a crappy one, too :biggrin:

This is why you eat them over an empty tortilla... you can make a soft taco out of the droppings.

How about a breakfast taco?

Grab an iron pan. Put some fat in it (lard, duck, bacon), turn on the heat. Add pintos and cook, and cook, and cook. They will get down to about half their size as they start to dry out. Wait....... Until you get a good brown crust, flip em over and develop a crust on the other side. Transfer to a plate. Top with cheese and salsa. Then a fried egg. Then more cheese and salsa and a dollop of sour cream. THIS is what SWMBO won't let me make any more.....

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Flat crisp fried corn tortilla, beans, salad (meat optional).

It is called a tostada or for some a "bean taco"

proxy.php

One of my great pleasures in life is eating a tostada with Jim. If you think his zeppole shirt is bad, you should see him after eating a product made to explode on the first bite.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
One more thing- as much as I love tacos and burritos, nothing, and I mean nothing, beats a properly executed enchilada.

Top Bottom