What's new

Tacos!

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
What about a chimichanga?

Why, that's just a deep fried burrito.

Great. Now I need to get a chimichanga.

Made my world famous tako tacos for my kid this summer. She makes fun of the name, but she never leaves over a bite.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Why, that's just a deep fried burrito.

Great. Now I need to get a chimichanga.

Made my world famous tako tacos for my kid this summer. She makes fun of the name, but she never leaves over a bite.

I had a beef chimichanga for lunch. All was going well, then some heifer came in and sat at a table in my line of sight. Here's a hint- if shoes are needed to enter a place of business, the shoes should remain on the entire time. Totally put me off my lunch.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I had a beef chimichanga for lunch. All was going well, then some heifer came in and sat at a table in my line of sight. Here's a hint- if shoes are needed to enter a place of business, the shoes should remain on the entire time. Totally put me off my lunch.

Move to a chair on the other side of the table.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Move to a chair on the other side of the table.

I was just irritated in general. The waiter we had one gear- granny gear. Although I must admit, I never ran out of sweet tea. That goes a long ways to ensuring a decent tip.

on edit: One odd thing about this place is the booths on one side of the restaurant. I am by no means tall (only 5' 10"), but my feet shouldn't dangle in the air when sitting in a booth. I feel like a kid when I sit in them. So, I usually sit at a table when I go there.

I tell SWMBO to lean over the plate and eat fast.... Never seems to sink in and each tostada adventure ends with her saying... "never again" but after a while she forgets the "fight" and remembers how they taste so she tries once again but....

I am a big enchilada fan too. My first experience with them was in Mexico when I was14 years old. We were prepared a "Thanksgiving Feast" which the hosts were told was a traditional American feast holiday where every one ate turkey. So All of the food prepared had turkey. All was traditional Mexican but the meat was turkey.

I've made turkey enchiladas ever since. To this day, they are still my favorite.

proxy.php

I can't thank you enough for writing the word "Tacos" correctly. It seems like there has been a rash of members wanting to make everything possessive around here. IE "Taco's"

I can't thank you enough for writing the word "Tacos" correctly. It seems like there has been a rash of members wanting to make everything possessive around here. IE "Taco's"

¿qué pasa hombre, my taco's filling is fish today señor

Made some Chorizo (happy) & Egg soft tacos last night dusted with some Cilantro and some Herdez Guacamole Salsa Yum!

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Made some Chorizo (happy) & Egg soft tacos last night dusted with some Cilantro and some Herdez Guacamole Salsa Yum!

We're on the same wave length. I've got a log of chorizo in the freezer. When needed just take it out cut off a few slices and it will melt into anything like eggs or beans or chili.

We're on the same wave length. I've got a log of chorizo in the freezer. When needed just take it out cut off a few slices and it will melt into anything like eggs or beans or chili.

We have a Mexican Market close by that does there own ground pork chorizo, we usually end up buying it in 5 lb packages and then freeze some back. the "Egg Chorizo" is always in the fridge, to add to things you have mentioned, makes a good quick burrito, taco or snack with lime salted Tortilla chips.

I just need to remember for posting here, photos 1st then eat, rather than Eat and "Oops":lol:

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
We have a Mexican Market close by that does there own ground pork chorizo, we usually end up buying it in 5 lb packages and then freeze some back. the "Egg Chorizo" is always in the fridge, to add to things you have mentioned, makes a good quick burrito, taco or snack with lime salted Tortilla chips.

I just need to remember for posting here, photos 1st then eat, rather than Eat and "Oops":lol:

No worries...I have a vivid imagination.

Tonight, using up leftover flank steak (London Broil) into tacos, Korean pickled cabbage, Guasacaca Salsa and Asian Slaw .

dave

Soaked some anasazi beans and the last bit of pintos in a bag (bout 1/4 lb) before going to bed last night.

Into the pressure cooker they will go in a few hours

Into burritos and tostadas they will land

yum yum yum...

proxy.php

Top Bottom