What's new

Tacos!

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
There's a thread or ten around here somewhere about tacos, but I ain't doin' a search for them right now (I'm full).

A nicely seared skirt steak done to about medium rare...cast iron skillet of course.

$IMG_0001.jpg

Sliced as thin as I could get it...across the grain, on some skillet warmed flour tortillas and topped with some sauteed onion and bell pepper, fresh cilantro, and a squeeze of fresh lime. And the obligatory cold beer. Reminds me of the little Mom and Pop cocina economicas in the Mexican Caribbean...I can hear the waves of the sea gently lapping on the shoreline right now. Ahhh.

$IMG_0005.jpg

$IMG_0010.jpg

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
Here are some Flank Steak & Guacamole Tacos to help keep your Skirt Steak Tacos company. :biggrin:

$Flank Steak Tacos.jpg

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
OhThatLooksSoGoodThereConnie.

That flank steak looks to be done to perfection. Was it good? :w00t:

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
OhThatLooksSoGoodThereConnie.

That flank steak looks to be done to perfection. Was it good? :w00t:

They were great!

I've always liked tomato and green onions on mine . . . probably just me doing my own thing.

I usually top them with some diced tomato and onion too, but decided not to on these, as they had a thick layer of guacamole that I'd already put diced tomato and vidalia onion in. I figured if I added too much more, I'd never get them to fold over. :lol:

Edit* In fact I did put diced tomatoes on my Tostada in the "What's Cooking " thread. It's one off the reasons I love me some tostada (you can pile way more stuff on them). :tongue_sm

Last edited:
Top Bottom