What's new

First impression of the Razorock 37 slant.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
Finally made it home from vacation. After unloading the car, I checked the mail and IT was here: my first slant!
I decided to use a dollar store blade in it, no idea why, really. I also made the decision to REALLY try to remember to let the weight of the razor do the work.
What a pleasant surprise!
The shave was really, REALLY, good. Not a nick or a weeper to be found. Did my usual WTG then XTG/ATG combination. SMALL amount of irritation post shave. Put on some vintage Avon bay rum and walked away smiling.
Very happy with my 20 dollar purchase.

Finally made it home from vacation. After unloading the car, I checked the mail and IT was here: my first slant!
I decided to use a dollar store blade in it, no idea why, really. I also made the decision to REALLY try to remember to let the weight of the razor do the work.
What a pleasant surprise!
The shave was really, REALLY, good. Not a nick or a weeper to be found. Did my usual WTG then XTG/ATG combination. SMALL amount of irritation post shave. Put on some vintage Avon bay rum and walked away smiling.
Very happy with my 20 dollar purchase.

My experience was similar. First shave I used a new Gillette Platinum. Got a great shave. Next I used a new Feather. Got a great shave. I have 2 complaints about the razor. Number one is the threads. I have to start them backwards because they want to cross thread. Number two, the blade fits loose in the cap which makes it easy to get the blade reveal uneven. Neither are a problem as long as you are aware of them and take steps to mitigate them up front. For $20 I don't expect an ATT S2.

FarmerTan

Thanks for your 2 cents! Agree 100% with the thread issue. And that for twenty bucks it's a really nice shaver.

FarmerTan

Will be using it again tonight, will post any more impressions. Should I try a different blade?

FarmerTan

Excellent Dave!
Hey, Lane. Thought I would try it last night with one of the GSB blades I won in your PIF but decided not to. I got a nice shave again with the dollar store no name brand. It seemed to be fine, will go for one more with it. But then I'm gonna go with the GSB!

Graydog

Biblical Innards
I am having a problem with my new R R slant. .......I can't stop using it and my other razors are getting jealous

I think I.m going to order one on Friday. The Merkur 37c is my go to with a Feather. I like the idea about this one, you can swap out handles. I've been pleased with their brushes so far, excellent value, excellent brush. I may also pull the trigger on the 24mm finest, looks like 2 band. Damned acq. disorders.:blink:

Last edited:
It's a shame because that really is a nice handle. To me it's not a big deal to be careful threading it on though so.....

Thing shaves great. Try it with a Feather.

Graydog

Biblical Innards
It's my first slant that I have owned. Todd let me use 2 of his and when I compare the shaves, I like the RR best.

Top Bottom