What's new

Blade Disposal

Some places sell purpose made little metal boxes with a slot in them for disposing of used blades. You fill them up and then drop them into the recycle bin.

I just put mine in an old aspirin bottle. I've been using the same one for over a year and a half, it's getting close to full.

I use an empty coke or beer can. All standard blades will fit through the hole--DE, SE, Injector, and Feather AC blades.

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Yes. Safely. Any container you can seal up and dispose of. You can spend money on a purpose made blade bank or use an old toothpaste box. Or any of the suggestions above.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Kraese:
I have this Blade Bank for traveling (great for home-use too), from EM's Shave Place, for only $1.00US w/o shipping. :w00t:

When full, 'smash it with a hammer' and throw the bank in the trash. If anyone here has a 'greener' method, please let my know! :thumbsup:

attachment.php

proxy.php
“A razor [blade] can’t be sharpened on a piece of velvet”. Author Unknown

I use a tips tin that cost only €1 that was originally intended for use in restaurants or bars. It can only be opened with a tin opener so it's perfectly safe if it happens to get dropped
The slot is just the right size for a blade and when it's full a strip of tape will seal it. As a precaution I'll put it in the kitchen bin for discreet disposal - I wouldn't want a kid to find it and think it was full of coins !!

Stick them in a sealed old glass jar or slide them into the slot on the bottom of the little plastic container they sometimes come in and eventually recycle them!

Since whatever blade bank you put them in ends up being crushed by the trash truck, I simply wrap them in a paper towel and put them in the trash. Just me and my wife here and we both have the sense not to stick our hands in the trash can.

BradWorld

Dances with Wolfs
I made a nice blade bank box on my 3D printer. There are a ton of models available to print. When it's full, I will toss it and print another one.

On the road, I break the blade into quarters in its wrapper, wrap it good in tissue, and stuff that into a water bottle. I throw that in the trash. I think that's a safe way to go. I can not see someone going through the trouble to open that up and getting cut. I feel okay that i disposed of it responsibly.

Stick them in a sealed old glass jar or slide them into the slot on the bottom of the little plastic container they sometimes come in and eventually recycle them!

DO NOT RECYCLE!

In many recycling centers the sorting is done by hand. They do not want folks putting used needles or blades into the bins.

Buy a can of broth, slit the top, empty contents and rinse. You now have a very secure and compact blade disposal device. I spray paint mine black and add a label to snaz it up abit.

DO NOT RECYCLE!

In many recycling centers the sorting is done by hand. They do not want folks putting used needles or blades into the bins.

My pharmacy gave me a Sharps container for free. If I ever fill it, I can return it to then for disposal and get another free Sharps container.

Bob

Top Bottom