What's new

Blade Disposal

So far I`ve kept most of my single edge blades for practicing to take apart the spine for my Valet single edge razor but when I do trash them I put them small glass jars.

Here is what I have sitting next to my sink.

$12.jpg$13.jpg

I re-purposed a can of beans to become my blade bank. Cut a hole in the top and epoxy'd the lid back on. I printed out a design for the can from HTGAM.

After 10 months of DE shaving, I still have plenty of room in my first "blade bank"

$Blade-Bank_2016-08-23.jpg

When it's full, I'll throw it in the trash and start another.
KISS (Keep It Simple, Shaver) :wink2:

Ive been putting mine in a box and when I get ready to smelt some lathe spirals I will toss the blades in and recycle into a wad of steel that will become several knives, 2k + degrees F will sanitize very well

G'day :thumbup1:

I used a money box for my disposable blades and make sure you get a money box that you really cannot open it at all, it had to be a full tin can only showing a money hole and that all you need you can get anywhere from 50c to $5 depends on the size you need.

Easy Peasy
proxy.php

Last edited:
At home i have a couple blade banks, but when I travel, especially for weeks at a time, i don't want to endanger the housekeeping. So used blades get a couple layers of duct tape (everyone does travel with a roll of duct tape right?).
Then it is safe for the trash can.

I use of those white, Feather blade banks. Lots of room for DE and Artist Club blades. When full, I'll just tape up the top and and throw into the trash.

I use Feather Blades and each Package is a blade bank. :)Although the 5 packs are easier as by the time you get to the 10th blade its pretty hard to put it in. I wonder if the other plastic containers have a built in blade bank that one does not notice ? :)

Top Bottom