What's new

Who likes roasted chicken?

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Tonight's little dinner.

$IMG_0008.jpg

Had it with some home-made mac and cheese and some green beans.

$IMG_0018.jpg

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I do. The wife often cooks up a whole chicken. The leftovers get turned into chicken sandwiches. I can't stand chicken or turkey lunchmeat, but a sandwich with irregular cuts and chunks of poultry are great.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I love a roasted chicken. We were doing that fairly regularly for some time, but it's been a very long while since the last one. It might be about time to fix that.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I think there are a couple in the freezer. If so, I will have it Monday. If not, I will buy some and cook it Monday. What is the trick for all over brown? Yours is beautiful

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
Well, you might be busted, but I'll admit that we grab one of those roasted chickens from HEB quite often. The price and quality are excellent.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Aha- busted.

Okay, my wife picks them up from time to time, too. If I get a nicely browned breast, I end up burning the legs. I probably should pop some foil on them once they brown.

simon1

Self Ignored by Vista
Aha- busted.

I throw myself on the mercy of the Mess Hall.

Can I get probation?

Y'all can have half the chicken.... :biggrin1:

SWMBO threw it in the oven for a bit to heat it back up since it had sat for awhile after she got home. Me...I'd of just nuked it.

Last edited:
I love roasted chicken. I'm not doing the honers, i.e. cooking it from scratch - only because a) it's hot enough in the kitchen, and who needs to heat it up even more?

So, in the meantime, I've been eating store bought rotisserie chicken; but yeah, I love it. Mine or otherwise.

OP: Great photo by the way

Top Bottom