What's new

IWB holster

I have never liked IWB holsters. My larger handguns ride in an OWB holsters covers with a loose shirt (open carry is allowed in my state). For a deeper concealment, I usually have S&W J-frame in a pocket or ankle (mostly when driving) holsters.

This said, I would like to find a comfortable tuckable IWB holster for a Glock 19. Plan to carry at 4 o'clock, forward cant, high ride. Must not collapse when gun is drawn and allow for a reasonably easy rehosltering.

Any recommendation? Personal experience is always a big +.

Ritchie Holsters. Buffalo NY. Some of the best leather gear you can buy.
If tuckable can be an option, take a hard look at an Andrews Leathet Mac Daniel II.
Both world class makers turning out world class gear.

Yes, I own IWB holsters from both makers. They perform flawlessly

I use an alien gear cloak tuck 2.0 IWB holster. They now have the cloak tuck 3.0 which has had some good reviews. Their customer service is outstanding, and you can swap out the shells for different guns. I think they will even do trade-ins for free:

http://aliengearholsters.com/alien-gear-cloak-tuck-3-0-iwb-holster-inside-the-waistband.html

As for your mention about 4 o'clock, here's a quote from their site:

"Your new handgun holster should be worn inside the waistband at about the 4 o’clock position with a belt (preferably a sturdy gun belt for maximum support). This is directly over the back pocket. It is the most comfortable and concealable position on the body. You can also move the pistol holster and adjust it to your own liking. You may want to wear it at the 3 o’clock or 4:30 position.."

Clinger Holsters No-Print wonder - https://clingerholsters.com/product/no-print-wonder-holster/ . It's a kydex IWB. I have one for my Sig P250 and for my Sig P938 (what I carry most of the time). I love it.

This IWB is a bit unique, in that the front belt tab is leather (and thus flexible) and the rear tab is kydex. This allows the whole assembly to rotate slightly, and helps pull the butt of the gun in tight when you tighten your belt. I find it exceptionally comfortable with excellent concealment under a long t-shirt (I'd recommend Duluth Trading's Long-Tail T's/Polos/Henleys). It's also compatible with a tucked in shirt if that's needed. I wear mine at about 4:30, and use a 5.11 Double Duty TDU belt (which is totally awesome).

Last edited:

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
I have used Comp-Tac CTAC IWB holsters with great satisfaction. The belt clips allow adjustment of cant as well as vertical position.

Ritchie Holsters. Buffalo NY. Some of the best leather gear you can buy.
If tuckable can be an option, take a hard look at an Andrews Leathet Mac Daniel II.
Both world class makers turning out world class gear.

Both seem to be exceptionally well made. Mr. Andrew's YouTube videos show step-by-step construction of his holsters. However, I don't think either can be tucked in.

No. As stated if "tuckable" is an option (not a hard fast requirement) these are a couple great holsters. I own two Mac Daniel II, two Saddle holsters, and a Monarch rig from Sam. All are true works of functional art. I own two CQ QR holsters (third on the way) and a Nighthawk from the Ritchie boys. Also had a VSS (which got stolen). Again stellar examples of the leather crafters art.

If tuckable is a must, look into Mitch Rosen's "Workman" holster (not the "Express" model). The design is very good and Rosen's workmanship is also excellent.

Good luck. There is lots of quality stuff out there. Be patient and exercise due diligence. It'll pay off.

These popped up on the horizon and I'm thinking about getting one myself for my Glock 30S. It's the "original" IWB designed by Dave Workman. Copies (authorized) are being sold by Mitch Rosen. But this IS the original.....

$image.jpeg

I love my Aliengear 3.0 it has a steel spring retention plate in it to keep from collapsing. I wore it all day yesterday with my Mod 2 4 inch service model, it was still comfortable even with being a bigger guy( around 300lbs) and getting in and out of a box truck to load/unload it!

Ah, we're on track here: ask any 10 gun guys about the best holster, you get 15 recommendations. :lol:

In my situation, I need tuckable, sometimes nothing else will do. So, I love my Theis:

$Theis IWB_Cow_SingleClip jpg reduced.jpg

And I find I prefer a single-clip job rather than the much larger 2-clip models. For one thing it's much easier to slide it an inch or two while still attached if you've gotten it wrong. For another it's much easier to tuck one clip rather than two. I find it comfortable, though some guys like the two-clip models for comfort. If you're worried, I've done about a zillion draws with it and it's always stayed put.

Also, removing the holster + gun together is easy-peasy.

"Your new handgun holster should be worn inside the waistband at about the 4 o’clock position with a belt (preferably a sturdy gun belt for maximum support). This is directly over the back pocket."

Nothing against Alien Gear, but this sounds like it was written by someone who has never used an analog clock/watch. 1. I don't know about you, but 4 o'clock ain't nowhere near my back pocket, 2. I'd rather not have my firearm over my back pocket. 4 o'clock is pretty good because you can be seated with it with relative ease.

ShaverGN, I too vastly prefer OWB, but in summer I need IWB to conceal properly. You'll get used to it.

Also, don't forget you'll need pants about 2" bigger in the waist.

I bought a Tulster for my HK VP 9 this week - it was delivered on Tuesday. I liked it so much, I ordered another one for my Ruger LC9s and got it on Thursday - both from Amazon. They are Kydex....no noticeable sharp edges. The VP 9 is closer to your Glock....I like the fit. The clip on the holster is not as tight fitting as what you get on some of the leather holsters but it works just fine for me. I may try to soften the Kydex clip and bend it in a little bit to get a tighter fit, but again, not issue.

That being said, I have two custom holsters coming from Lone Star Holsters in Texas - one for my Springfield EMP and the other for my Dan Wesson CCO. They should be here in a couple of months (custom made).

Top Bottom