What's new

Speakeasy RIP

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
How was it? I had a guy at my local store was talking it up pretty heavily and trying to convince me to buy a bottle.

Whenever you get another chance, but some. It's as good as a Bourbon can be, plus it's actually pretty rare in many places. I decided to grab a bottle for my birthday and every Total Wine and Bevmo (the big name drink places in Phoenix) were sold out in every location in the city. My local market usually gets in 2-3 bottles every couple of months and they sell out the same day. I got lucky finding a bottle at AJ's Fine Foods, they got in 12 bottles the day before and had 2 left and it was their first shipment in around 2 months. The juice is great, unfortunately the demand is also quite high.

Not my favorite bourbon. To each their own.
$ElijahCraig.jpg

On the other hand, this is a classic!!
$Cointreau.jpg

Been making a lot of classic daiquiris lately. Have found a different white rum for mixing but this one did well to get me started.
$BacardiWhite.jpg

Laird's Bottled in Bond Apple Brandy

No longer made... at least, not bonded. It seems bourbon is not the only brown booze enjoying a surge of popularity. They can no longer meet demand and still use only 4 year old product. Still 100 proof but not all of it meets the age requirement.

My contribution to a Halloween party where the cocktail of the evening was the Corpse Reviver #2! Good stuff for a great cocktail!!
$LilletBlanc.jpg

I'm telling you I think this is the best value out there for tequila. This is some good stuff and the labels are killer!!
$RIP.Espolon.Reposado.jpg

Top Bottom