What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

Two new bourbons. The first is Larceny, which I think is a part of the Makers Mark family. 92 proof. Sorta strong. :w00t: While folks suggest on the rocks or with water (rocks are my preferred, people cut bourbon with water?) I tried it neat. It has a sneaky burn... waits until it gets to the far back of the throat and then kaboom. Really affordable.

The second was recommended by the guy at Specs. The exact opposite of Larceny. Very smooth, small batch made in College Station, TX. After the sip I think its over-priced and would recommend Angels Envy over this. But my wife likes it of all the bourbons so I reckon its a keeper.

$New Bourbons.jpg

Larceny is a wheated bourbon and so is Maker's Mark, but they are made by different distillers. Larceny is made by Heaven Hill who produce Evan Williams and Elijah Craig; not sure who makes Maker's, but it might be Jim Bean?

Larceny does have good flavors, but has am alcohol sting to it, but if you get past that it's good.

My current favorite Bourbons to sip neat are Makers 46 and 18 year old Elijah Craig single barrel.

Note...in this case the 18 year old EC is actually 27 years old and "we" just celebrated its birthday yesterday. :thumbup1:

$Bourbon.JPG

$Elijah.JPG

View attachment 705459

Take your pick! They'll all good in their own way. Depends really on the occasion and what you're in the mood for.

I like your collection! The only ones I haven't sampled are Jefferson and Knob Creek Smoked Maple. I think I would reach for Buffalo Trace and Eagle Rare most frequently as they are both good values. I might let the Four Roses and Angel's Envy sit awhile - neither knocks my socks off, and Angel's Envy is a bit pricey (I was gifted a bottle, though, and somehow it disappeared!). And the two I'd savor are Blanton's and Woodford Reserve. Willet's is a step behind those 2, I think. How do you like the Jefferson?

Top Bottom