What's new

Straight pour of bourbon, neat, what is your go to pick

I just had some 4 Roses Small Batch this weekend. I have to say, it ranks right up there with the 4R Single Barrel, very tasty.

lucky me, i got the email from total wine for allotment of pappy bourbon.
i got there within an hour of email landing, they were already out of the 23 yr.
but was able to get a bottle of 20 yr plus a bottle of 12 yr!
by the time i got to the checkout, the line was out the door!
looking forward to trying these!

$11292016_PappyPromo_hero.jpg

You guys have a lot of good choices. At my local store the only selections are JB, Old Grand Dad, Evan Williams (black), and Wild Turkey 101. I usually go with Wild Turkey.

i got there within an hour of email landing, they were already out of the 23 yr.

View attachment 707846

So jealous!

Impossible to get here in the UK now.
A few years back I got a bottle of pappy 15yr from an online store called Drinkfinder here in the UK for £65-£70 if I recall correctly.
Now the places I buy my Bourbon from only show pappy listed but out of stock obviously and the price is about a thousand pounds for the 15yr. Absolutely crazy. The overall cost of popular Bourbon has gone sky high now. I got a ltd edition barrel strength four roses small batch only 2 or 3 years ago for about £70 and now they are going for about £250.

My latest purchase is a bottle of Booker's. Very nice. I'll probably pick up another bottle of Blanton's Gold again soon.

today's glass is yellow rose outlaw, found it at TW recently at $55, had great expectations.
but pretty disappointed once opened and tasted.
far too smoky, charred for my unrefined palate.
have to cut it with Jack or other bourbon.
Will not replace.
But anyone who likes smokey, peaty whiskey, might like this.

View attachment 711811

Dropping from six releases of 350 barrels to four releases. Price going up to $100 per bottle. Not worth it for me.

Agreed. Booker's was a great value in barrel proof bourbons at around $50ish. But $100? There are just too many great bourbons at or even well below that price point for me to spend that kinda cash on Beam.

View attachment 707846
Good lord! That is quite the line up!!

Maker's Mark is my go-to sipper. Neat or with a single rock it is a great everyday spirit.

There are a few out there that I think are top-shelf (they also tend to be a bit spendy):
- Breckenridge Bourbon - made here in Colorado. It is my current favorite Bourbon. If you can get it in your area, try it.
- Stranahan's Colorado Whiskey - also good, but the price has become a bit insane.
- Jefferson's Reserve - Killer whiskey. This is my second favorite.
- Four Roses - Good stuff with a reasonable price.
- Bulleit Bourbon - Another really good bourbon at a decent price.

However, there is one that I think every Bourbon enthusiast _needs_ to try. It is a cheap bottle at around $16-$18, but it is easily worth around $25 or so:

-Evan Williams 1783

Go get yourself a bottle.

FYI, I prefer my Bourbon neat or with a single rock. I don't know how these will fare in a cocktail.

Top Bottom